Baseball Steroid Thread

Well, I don't know about your teaching skills, but you sure don't know how to drive. You just blew right through a stop sign.

Speak to Danny, Papsrus.

I didn't start this shit....he did.

Gentlemen -- This thread seems to me to have degenerated into pure name-calling. I'm going to suggest to my fellow moderators that we shut it down unless.... And maybe not even "unless."

Curb Dan Gould's insulting bullshit and the problem goes away.

However, I will certainly respect your decision either way.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure Good's employer wouldn't be proud of his posts here. His loss of composure might give them pause about who gets responsibility for teaching others to teach. It certainly doesn't reflect well on who they hire.

Edited by TedR

I'm sure Good's employer wouldn't be proud of his posts here. His loss of composure might give them pause about who gets responsibility for teaching others to teach. It certainly doesn't reflect well on who they hire.

Loss of composure...? See also; I cannot believe you actually said that.

So! I'm not allowed my own free time? Shall we judge you in the same manner? Do you ever knock off for the day or are you always on the job? What I say here has absolutely NOTHING at all to do with my job, Ted. Wow.

I cannot even believe I have to tell you that.

No one is satisfied on letting the other get the last word.

Corerection: Danny isn't satisfied until he finds fault with the other guy. Then fobs off any responsibility.

Gentlemen -- This thread seems to me to have degenerated into pure name-calling. I'm going to suggest to my fellow moderators that we shut it down unless.... And maybe not even "unless."

Lock it, kill it, nuke it, whatever you like. Don't waste another minute of your life trying to clean it up like last time.

Just to be clear, hasn't the chief (if not the only) "issue" here become which of two longtime posters can say the most would-be wounding things about the other. Can anything about the baseball steroid issue possibly be settled, or even advanced a bit, by this? New would-be evidence, new would-be arguments, new developments out there in courtrooms, etc. -- yes to any or all of those, but what we have here is mostly escalating personal attacks. Can't we agree that there's no point to that, because no one can possibly prevail on those grounds?

I just find it ludicrous how Timmy points the finger at me as being

"a jerk trying to make something out of nothing just to piss people off for no good reason"

when the story on this thread has been that Timmy noticed a poorly constructed sentence I wrote (and which everyone else understood its intended meaning) and won't stop talking about it, after clarifications and multiple posts by others about it.

So just why the fuck does he make the claim he did above? I think the Ted has it right. Does Timmy treat his students like this? Does he harp on an error from last semester and never let them forget it?

I'm happy to cease and desist but I am not going to back down from a world class a-hole whose every post better applies to his own failures than those of his target.

Just to be clear, hasn't the chief (if not the only) "issue" here become which of two longtime posters can say the most would-be wounding things about the other. Can anything about the baseball steroid issue possibly be settled, or even advanced a bit, by this? New would-be evidence, new would-be arguments, new developments out there in courtrooms, etc. -- yes to any or all of those, but what we have here is mostly escalating personal attacks. Can't we agree that there's no point to that, because no one can possibly prevail on those grounds?

They're just bashing each other....I'm looking for itelligent, reasonable and calm discussions about this topic and everytime I arrive there's more insults being hurled at each other...and the profanities are disheartening as well. I think they have it in them- just not with each other.

What the combatants say in an email- would they say to their face if they were together in a room?

Just askin'.....