catesta's post at AAJ

I posted for about 6 weeks, I think, before ever getting ANY kind of response

That was probably because nobody knew how to pronounce your handle - you shouldn't have taken all those vowels out. Shrdlu had a similar problem.

"Shrdlu" has two vowels, 'r' & 'u,' but "JSngry" just plain confused me at first. "JSn?" What's that?

For the first month or so, I that his handle was "Jim's angry."

This debate is interesting. Honestly, it's been exciting to see everyone come over here and it would be fantastic if y'all stuck around. Personally, the AAJ forums are nice, but ugly and the software is ugly. BUT, the moderator has been very accomodating to everyone.

It comes down to this: This place will be here. If things don't work out at AAJ, this place will be around.

But watch out! When Organissimo becomes famous you'll have a bunch of hippie, jam-band kids come in wanting to trade CDr's of live shows! :)

Well I'm here now.. someting I always wondered, and I think I did it over there... but I thought Shrudlu was cool because it was one of those composer credits Granz used to put on those Jam 12 bars,, he used the initial of each musician to asure they all got composer royalties.... thought that's where he got it.. though maybe the spelling was not the same. But somewher later, in those Politicoreligious threads, he expressed his thoughts on the end of the world etc. and it turns oiut it has some religious significance to him.

Well thats post #1... now about Bobby Hackett and Jonah Jones.... :D

Damn where's that green really toothy grinner?

Edited by P.D.

I thought it iteresting that under the BN chart it said....

People who are interested in this site also bought:

A New Song (The Mitford Years) by Jan Karon $10.36

A Common Life: The Wedding Story by Jan Karon $10.40

In This Mountain by Jan Karon $18.17

Esther's Gift: A Mitford Christmas Story by Jan Karon $8.76

Patches of Godlight: Father Tim's Favorite Quotes... by Jan Karon $17.47

The Mitford Snowmen by Jan Karon $8.76

At Home in Mitford (The Mitford Years) by Jan Karon $10.36 :blink:

Thanks for the SHRDLU story, Alan.

The Mad Magazine reference reminds me of travelling in Eastern Europe in my twenties and seeing signs for "Potrzebie" -- which reminds me that you called "r" a vowel, which I guess it kind of is in Poland and S(e)rbia -- remember the journalist Art Srb?

p.s., the hero outwits ETAOIN SHRDLU by having it typeset every book on Buddhism. The story ends: "See, George, it believes what it sets. So I fed it a religion that convinced it of the utter futility of all effort and action and the desirability of nothingness...It doesn't care what happens to it and it doesn't even know we're here. It's archived Nirvana, and it's sitting there contemplating its cam stud."

:lol::lol: That is funny stuff! Makes me want to read the book!