Lots of RVG, Conno, box sets & 20bit K2 (like new!)

Mr Mingus

I'm selling all of my CD's. I recently got into salt water aquariums and it's not a cheap hobby.

I have sold here in the past. All of my customers were very satisfied.

I take care of my CD's like no other person in the world, and I mean it.

These CD's have been played once. They were carefully taken out of the case, ripped to mp3 format and stored back in their case.

The CD's are intact, no scratches or fingerprints on any of them. The liner notes are also in pristine conditions. At most, they were read once (being extremely careful while doing so), and most haven't even been read (like the box sets). The front case might not be in mint conditions on some CD's, but they are easily replaced and do not take away any value IMO.

Shipping costs: I will charge you exactly what they charge me at the post office and depending on the service you are interested in (priority, next day or media mail, which takes longer but is cheaper). If you buy more than 1 CD, I will combine shipping and could use media mail (if you so wish). Don't expect me to go through all the trouble of getting a box for just 1 CD. If you only buy 1 CD, I guess you'll have to pay Priority, which takes 2-3 business days to get there ($3 for one CD).

Box sets are different, but I will send them via media mail if you want. It'll probably be around $4, but I'm not 100% sure. We'll sort it out, don't worry.

I took high resolution pictures of the CD's. Click on the title to access the photobucket account.

RVG's

Art Blakey - A Night at Birdland, Vol. 2 $5 (sold)

Art Blakey - Moanin' $5 (sold)

Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up $5 (sold)

John Coltrane - Blue Train $5

McCoy Tyner - The Real McCoy $5 (sold)

Sonny Rollins - Newk's Time $5 (sold)

Stanley Turrentine - Never Let Me Go $5 (sold)

Thelonious Monk - Genius of Modern Music, Vol. 1 $5 (got tired of taking pictures by the time I got here... it's in perfect conditions)

Impulse and other 'glossy' cases

I took great care of my Impulse records since the case is made of cardboard (or some similar material, just not plastic). They still retain their glossy look.

Charles Mingus - The Great Concert of Charles Mingus (2 CD's) $11 (sold)

John Coltrane - Ascension $10 $9 (additional picture)

Miles Davis - Ascenseur Pour l'Echafaud $5 (sold)

Connoisseur Series

Bobby Hutcherson - Stick-Up! $9 $8 (sold)

Hank Mobley - Thinking of Home $9 (sold)

Larry Young - Of Love and Peace $9 (sold)

Lee Morgan - The Procrastinator $9 (sold)

20bit K2

As with the Impulse, I took extra care of these due to their special case

Miles Davis - Steamin' With the Miles Davis Quintet $8 (sold)

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus $8 (sold)

Thelonious Monk - Brilliant Corners $5 I damaged the case, so it only comes with the plastic case. The CD is brand new, though

Thelonious Monk - Plays Duke Ellington $8 (sold)

Other CD's

Art Blakey - S'Make It $5 (sold)

Cannonball Adderley - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy: Live at "The Club" $4 (sold)

Charles Mingus - Let My Children Hear Music $4 (sold)

Charles Mingus - The Complete Town Hall Concert $4

Hank Mobley - Dippin' $5

John Coltrane - Coltrane Plays the Blues [bonus Tracks] $8 (sold)

Lee Morgan - The Gigolo $5

Ornette Colman - The Shape of Jazz to Come $5

Thelonious Monk - Monk Alone: The Complete Solo Studio Recordings (2 CD's) $10 $9

Thelonious Monk - Thelonious Himself $4

Thelonious Monk - Monk Alone in SF $4

Wayne Shorter - Night Dreamer $4

Wayne Shorter - The Soothsayer $4

I got tired of taking pictures, but the following CD's are also available and are in perfect conditions as well.

Charles Mingus - At the Bohemia $5

Hank Mobley - A Caddy For Daddy $5 (sold)

Thelonious Monk - Thelonious in Action $5

Sonny Rollin - Tenor Madness $5

Box Sets

Miles Davis - The Complete Columbia Studio Recordings (6 CD's) (sold)

Miles Davis - The Complete In a Silent Way (3 CD's) $25 (sold)

Miles Davis - Complete Bitches Brew (4 CD's) $30 $25 Box set is like brand new. Booklet hasn't even been opened or read once. Another pic.

CHECK THIS OUT!

If you buy any of my box sets, I will include, free of charge, your choice of one of the following CD's:

Arturo Sandoval - Trumpet Evolution

Clifford Brown - Memerial Album (RVG Edition)

John Coltrane - Live at Antibes (no longer available)

Richard 'Groove' Holmes - Book of the Blues, Vol. 1 (no longer available)

Yusef Lateef - Detroit Latitude 42 30 Longitude 83

Whew, long post.

Edited by Mr Mingus

PM sent on

Miles Davis - Ascenseur Pour l'Echafaud

Larry Young - Of Love and Peace

Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus

John Coltrane - Coltrane Plays the Blues [bonus Tracks] $8

Miles Davis - The Complete In a Silent Way (3 CD's)

Thanks!

Sold to Mr. Johnson.

Shipping was pretty cheap, for those who are curious. Only $3.50 for all of the CD's.

Edited by Mr Mingus

I'm interested in purchasing your 20 BIT K2: Thelonious Monk - Plays Duke Ellington $8. I'm new to this site (as you could tell from my first attempt at a response). Can you fill me in on the process?

Hi

If you purchase 1 cd, I will send it via USPS Priority Mail and it will cost $4. If you buy 2 or more cd's, I will send it (if you wish) via USPS Media Mail and it will cost $3.50 for all the cd's.

We should communicate through personal messages since I'll be giving you my paypal address and you may have to give me your home address (if it's not included in your paypal account). I will send you one right now, so if you're not able to find it, just post back and I'll give you my email. It's on the top right corner. Should say 1 New Message.

Regards

I agree, Morganized.

So did someone else, because it's gone :)

Is it back? It hasn't been crossed off the list. ;)

Well, trane_fanatic already paid for it (along with the others he listed), but for some reason hasn't contacted me. There was a mix up with the Blakey album (I listed Buhaina when in fact it was Moanin'), and he had already sent the payment. So we were in the middle of an arrangement and he told me he would be away for a few days. It's been more than a week :w

I agree, Morganized.

So did someone else, because it's gone :)

Is it back? It hasn't been crossed off the list. ;)

Well, trane_fanatic already paid for it (along with the others he listed), but for some reason hasn't contacted me. There was a mix up with the Blakey album (I listed Buhaina when in fact it was Moanin'), and he had already sent the payment. So we were in the middle of an arrangement and he told me he would be away for a few days. It's been more than a week :w

Check your PM... I had sent you a PM earlier today, but just checked my Sent Items folder and apparently sent it to... myself.

:party: Instead of a party hat, substitute a dunce cap. :blush:

I reduced the price on some of the CD's:

Coltrane - Ascension

Hutcherson - Stick Up (sold)

Monk - Complete Solo Studio Recordings (2 CD's)

Miles Davis - Complete Bitches Brew (free CD offer still in place)

I also found these after posting:

Stanley Turrentine - The Complete Blue Hour Sessions (Connoisseur Series) (2 CD's) $15 ($27 retail, and mine is like brand new. Awesome session, highly recommended.)

Larry Young - Unity (RVG Edition) $4

Edited by Mr Mingus

One more thing.

I have the Miles Davis & John Coltrane box set titled The Complete Columbia Recordings 1955-1961 (6 CD's).

All of the cd's are in perfect shape (no fingerprints or scratches on any of them, guaranteed), but disc 4 is missing. This is the Kind of Blue session (which you should own anyway).

I read the booklet once without turning the pages too much so that it would look as if it had never been read. Still smells like new. The front and back of the booklet has some sort of white thing I can't describe. This came with the booklet when I bought it and was not caused by me. Here are some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about:

Pic #1

Pic #2

Pic #3

Bought this new for $69.99

Sold in amazon for $42.97

I'll sell it for $15 + free cd offer

Bad experience with Mr Mingus.

I received notice that he sent me a PM at 10:19am and I paypaled him an hour and forty minutes later. That was the 28th and just now I get a pm telling me he sold it to someone else.

I have bought well over 50 cds on this forum over the past two plus years and this is the first person to screw it up.

Try to keep in mind that when you send a pm, the notification process may be circuitous before people are notified by email, that is why I included my personal email in my PM.

Courtesy requires a reasonable amount of time to reply. I requested a total and his paypal address, I feel jerked around. He took the quick money from another buyer and did not follow proper courtesy.

Let's see how long it takes to get my full refund.

I will not do business with him again.

Sent you your money a couple of hours ago.

First, it's not my fault that the people here take a couple of hours (even days) to send an email saying you have a new PM. That's the first time I've seen this happen on a board. Everyone else sends an email right away.

Second, lets look at our PM conversations:

Charles Mingus - The Great Concert of Charles Mingus (2 CD's) $11

Do you do paypal? How much is the shipping for this one?

Kevin

Do you even say you're interested in the cd, or ask me to save it for you? Of course I take paypal, didn't you read the original post?

Here's my reply:

Since it's only 1 cd, I'll send it Priority Mail and it takes 2-3 business days. $4

If you take another one, shipping price stays the same.

my paypal is x@y.com

If you send the payment today or tomorrow morning, I'll send the music first thing tomorrow morning.

Best regards.

After my reply, 2 days went by without me hearing from you. In the meantime someone else asks me for the cd. He was also interested in 4 other cd's. I told him someone else had inquired about the cd and that I would get back to him as soon as I heard from you. Payment was pending until then.

I then PM you the following:

Hey.

Another member was interested in this cd, but I told him that someone else had contacted me before. I told him I would talk to you... do you still want it?

Sorry for rushing you, it's just that he ordered a few cd's and I told him not to pay me until I talked to you.

My paypal is x@y.com

If you want just the Mingus cd, it's going to be a total of $15.

Best regards.

24 hours later, I haven't heard from you or received a payment. So I'm thinking, "should I wait for this guy, who wrote me a single confusing PM regarding the cd or should I sell it to this other person who's going to buy 4 other cd's?"

After that, I got your payment. I sent you a PM apologizing and offering you your money back.

I sent you your money already.

I also have sold close to 50 cd's here, and it's the first time I've had problems as well. No need to come here and bitch about it.

If I wanted to just bitch, I would have posted my complaint on the other forum you're also selling on. Your timeline is deceptive. Your initial reply with your paypal email and shipping costs was Dec 26 2007, 09:58 PM Eastern time. You received my payment Dec 28 2007, 11:53 AM Eastern time. Yeah I got the refund, $14.26 after paypal fees. You don't mention that I also contacted you in the interim on the other forum you're selling on. I have every right to be pissed. You read the original post, there's no mention of paypal and you do not provide an email contact. You're blaming me? This is my fault? This was a misunderstanding due to a notification delay issue on the board but learn a lesson. Don't be such an eager beaver to get the cash, especially when you've been contacted through two different forums and received the buyer's personal email. You knew I was going to feel screwed thus the apologies and the special offer. I bought the disc from Newbury Comics at Amazon new and shrinkwrapped for $1.26 more than your $15.00 deal. This board has always been a reliable, no nonsense place to buy music for me with none of the bullshit you run into at ebay, half.com and sellers at Amazon. I have never posted anything negative. By reasonable standards, my payment was timely if not prompt.

If I wanted to just bitch, I would have posted my complaint on the other forum you're also selling on. Your timeline is deceptive. Your initial reply with your paypal email and shipping costs was Dec 26 2007, 09:58 PM Eastern time. You received my payment Dec 28 2007, 11:53 AM Eastern time. Yeah I got the refund, $14.26 after paypal fees. You don't mention that I also contacted you in the interim on the other forum you're selling on. I have every right to be pissed. You read the original post, there's no mention of paypal and you do not provide an email contact. You're blaming me? This is my fault? This was a misunderstanding due to a notification delay issue on the board but learn a lesson. Don't be such an eager beaver to get the cash, especially when you've been contacted through two different forums and received the buyer's personal email. You knew I was going to feel screwed thus the apologies and the special offer. I bought the disc from Newbury Comics at Amazon new and shrinkwrapped for $1.26 more than your $15.00 deal. This board has always been a reliable, no nonsense place to buy music for me with none of the bullshit you run into at ebay, half.com and sellers at Amazon. I have never posted anything negative. By reasonable standards, my payment was timely if not prompt.

1. You did not contact me on the other forum I'm selling on (I assume you can't use names?). So far I've got 0 replies to my thread (which was started 7 days after this one here) and only 1 PM, which wasn't from you. I think you might be confused.

2. Sorry, I was mistaken. You're right, I don't say anything about paypal.

3. You never gave me your email address.

4. I apologized for common courtesy and because I'm a decent person. For that same reason I made some special offers in addition to offering you your money back.

5. I'm glad you got a good deal somewhere else. It's a nice cd.

6. I agree with your assessment on this board. That's why I came here first (not ebay or 'that other board').

7. I sent an additional $1 payment through paypal. Hope that covers the difference.

No hard feelings here. All the best.