Mosaics and Other Boxed Sets for Sale

Jeff

I don't know the proper protocol for selling my Mosaics and some other boxed sets on this forum. Would appreciate your advice.

In July I suffered an acute stroke, and wish to liquidate my collection. Since I don't play them, perhaps you guys on the forum would get enjoyment from them.

However, I'd rather give you people first dibs because I enjoy the forum and do not want to deal with eBay speculators or craziness.

Among the Mosaics I have are Charles Brown, Anita O'Day, the Chet Bakers, Gerry Mulligan,

Chico Hamilton, Illinois Jacquet and others. Also some Mercury R&B boxed sets, the big JATP set, and The Complete Keynote Collection.

I am working on a listing, and have the serial numbers of the Mosaics.

All CDs and LPs are in VG+ condition. Many have never been played and some only twice.

They all have their original boxes (some have corner splits), and booklets.

If it is permissable, I will post my list.

I am not asking outrageous prices...merely fair market value.

Please advise.

OK, here goes:

Kenton Presents Cooper, Holman & Rosolino. MD4-185 Serial #1241

(Played once, one jewel case cracked)

The Complete Pacific Jazz Recordings of the Chico Hamilton Quarter - MD6-175 Serial #2235

(Played twice)

The Complete Capitol Recordings of Woody Herman. MD6-196 Serial #0344

(Played twice)

The Complete Verve Gerry Mulligan Concert Band Sessions. MD4-221 Serial #0155

(Never opened)

The Complete Anita O'Day Verve/Clef Sessions. MD9-188 Serial #1436

(Played twice)

The Complete Verve/Clef Charlie Ventura & Flip Phillips Studio Sessions. MD6-182 Serial #1576

(Played once)

The Complete Illinois Jacquet Sessions 1945-50. MD5-165 Serial #2960

(Played once)

The Complete Pacific Jazz and Capitol Recordings of the Original Gerry Mullligan Quarter & Tentette with Chet Baker. MD3-102 Serial # 4088

(Played twice)

The Complete Pacific Jazz Live Recordings of the Chet Baker Quartet with Russ Freeman. MR4-113. (Played a few times). This is the LP version.

The Complete Pacific Jazz Studio Recordings of the Chet Baker Quartet with Russ Freeman. MR4-122. (Split corner of box top, played twice) This is the LP version.

The Pacific Jazz Bud Shank Studio Sessions. MD5-180 Serial #2570

(Both corners split on box top, never played)

The Complete Aladdin Recordings of Charles Brown. MQ7-153 Serial #2307

(Never played, split top cover, This is the LP version)

The Complete Capitol Studio Recordings of Stan Kenton 1943-47. MD7-163 Serial #3641

(Played once)

San Antonio Rose. Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys. Bear Family BCD-159-33-LL

(Never played, 12 CD set with book)

The Mercury Blues & Rhythm Story 1945-1955 8 CDs (Never played)

The Okeh Rhythm & Blues Story 1949-1957 3 CDs (Never played)

The Complete Keynote Collection 21LP Set

(NM, booklet has small pencil note on cover and a pen mark, includes Keynote Photo Album, there is no 'mini LP' in this set. I ordered it on eBay on 2005 and never played it. Looks to be in primo condition.)

The Complete JATP on Verve 1944-1945 10 CDs with booklet

(Never played)

I may have a few more items laying around which have never been played.

These are all of the items I have so far.

sorry to hear about your stroke.

i have to say that i for one appreciate the courteous way that you approached putting up items for sale unlike so many peddlers who just come here to hawk their goods without making any attempt to contribute to the board.

that being said, i hope that you will participate in some of our discussions. as a jazz fan i am sure that you must have some opinions, recommendations or stories to share!

:cool:

With the exception of the Mulligan/Baker set and the two Baker LP sets, I am asking the ORIGINAL Mosaic price for each Mosaic set plus shipping.

So the Chico CD set, for example, originally sold for $96, so I would ask for the original price plus postage, handling and insurance if you wish insurance.

I paid $150 for the Mulligan/Baker CD set and $150 for each Baker LP set, so I feel $150 for each plus postage, handling and insurance is fair.

ORIGINAL Mosaic prices for the other sets also plus postage, etc.

I abhor all of the 'scalping' 'shilling' and so forth on eBay and Amazon and refuse to participate in such activity. We are talking about music and keeping it affordable so those who didn't have the opportunity to get these sets new can ENJOY them.

$400+ for Anita is ridiculous. I only seek to recoup my original purchase price of whatever it sold for new. I believe it was $144.

For the 'non Mosaic' sets, such as the Mercury's and Bear Family, again ORIGINAL selling price is fine plus postage, etc.

Feel free to make an offer on the Keynote set. I believe I may have paid $400 for it on eBay, not sure.

I never played it because I have a lot of the material on Mercury/Definitive sets I picked up for a few dollars. But someone on the forum might derive some enjoyment from it.

I did find two more items:

The Miles Davis 1970 Cellar Door Sessions Never played. (Best offer gets this)

Gerry Mulligan Quartet Vol 1 (Ltd, Paper Sleeve/24bit Toshiba TOCJ-9341. Sealed in mini Japanese LP style CD with obi. It cost 21.99 L (British currency). Have no clue how much 21 pounds 99 pence is. Again, original price plus postage, etc.

I hope these prices are realistic to you guys.

Music is meant to be enjoyed and played and the forum will enjoy these sets more than an eBay speculator.

I want to echo Bright Moments' thoughts about the way you've approached the board, Jeff.

I'm interested in the Mercury R&B box, but I'm not sure. Is this the one with a disc each by Albert Ammons, Eddie Vinson, and Jay McShann, and sessions by Cootie Williams, Buddy Rich, Dr. Longhair, Rex Stewart, Helen Humes and others? I've no idea what this cost at the time.

I've never heard of the Okeh R&B box. Could you let me know what that is, please?

PM me, if you like.

MG

With the exception of the Mulligan/Baker set and the two Baker LP sets, I am asking the ORIGINAL Mosaic price for each Mosaic set plus shipping.

So the Chico CD set, for example, originally sold for $96, so I would ask for the original price plus postage, handling and insurance if you wish insurance.

I paid $150 for the Mulligan/Baker CD set and $150 for each Baker LP set, so I feel $150 for each plus postage, handling and insurance is fair.

ORIGINAL Mosaic prices for the other sets also plus postage, etc.

I abhor all of the 'scalping' 'shilling' and so forth on eBay and Amazon and refuse to participate in such activity. We are talking about music and keeping it affordable so those who didn't have the opportunity to get these sets new can ENJOY them.

$400+ for Anita is ridiculous. I only seek to recoup my original purchase price of whatever it sold for new. I believe it was $144.

For the 'non Mosaic' sets, such as the Mercury's and Bear Family, again ORIGINAL selling price is fine plus postage, etc.

Feel free to make an offer on the Keynote set. I believe I may have paid $400 for it on eBay, not sure.

I never played it because I have a lot of the material on Mercury/Definitive sets I picked up for a few dollars. But someone on the forum might derive some enjoyment from it.

I did find two more items:

The Miles Davis 1970 Cellar Door Sessions Never played. (Best offer gets this)

Gerry Mulligan Quartet Vol 1 (Ltd, Paper Sleeve/24bit Toshiba TOCJ-9341. Sealed in mini Japanese LP style CD with obi. It cost 21.99 L (British currency). Have no clue how much 21 pounds 99 pence is. Again, original price plus postage, etc.

I hope these prices are realistic to you guys.

Music is meant to be enjoyed and played and the forum will enjoy these sets more than an eBay speculator.

Guys, I am inundated with PM's. Am doing the best to answer your questions.

The Mercury set is not the one that looks like a radio. It is in a black oblong box and contains the Mercury CDs which were issued seperately also. You can check it out on Amazon....Mercury Blues 'n Rhythm...I am asking $75 for that set.

Kind of bear with me, I have to get the proper boxes for mailing, bubble wrap and figure out postage from the post office.

Have not located the original price for the Charles Brown LP but is is spoken for.

Kenton Presents, the Chico, Anita O'Day, Bud Shank are spoken for so far.

The Bear Family album is $229.95 which is what I paid for it from Collector's Choice in 2003.