Mosaics and Other Boxed Sets for Sale

Jeff

So a guy posts that he's just had a severe stroke and needs to sell a bunch of his mosaics.

8 posts later, someone finally thinks to be sensitive enough to offer some condolences, rather than simply drool and pounce on the opportunity to buy some OOP jazz. And then its another 10 posts of jockeying for position and pestering for replies to PMs before anyone else thinks about what this person must be going through.

Classy, real classy.

Jeff-

Sorry to hear about your stroke- I'm sure everyone here wishes you a healthy and prosperous 2008! :)

Come by and hang out a little more often, why doncha?

I echo these sentiments. Get better soon! Although I have no interest in any of your sets, it does look like you've got a pack of people who are interested! Good luck to you and make sure you hang around!

Edited by connoisseur series500

Jeff, my apologies for not expressing my concerns in my initial post. It clearly wasn't intentional. I hope that your health improves over the course of time. Nothing but the best of wishes extended to you. I hope you make out well selling your collection. I'd also like encourage you to stay on with us. This is a great outlet for jazz lovers. I'm sure there is alot you can add to these discussions.

Jeff-

Sorry to hear about your stroke- I'm sure everyone here wishes you a healthy and prosperous 2008! :)

I echo these sentiments. Get better soon! Although I have no interest in any of your sets, it does look like you've got a pack of people who are interested! Good luck to you and make sure you hang around!

Thanks guys. I am a retired Air Force MSgt (27 years) and can take ribbing and joking. Rudeness is a different issue. The stoke just left me with some slight memory impairment.

I could have easily dropped off the Mosaics at a local reseller in Westport, CT and made a haul.

Not my intention. I don't need the cash, it is more a case of my not having any use for these items and wanting to make them available at reasonable cost to forum members.

They are just sitting around collecting dust, I am getting rid of brick a brac, and thought they would be appreciated by genuine fans.

As I mentioned, the packing and mailing is a pain but I can handle that. Knowing someone will enjoy a set I no longer need is key.

Bickering about who was 'first' is kind of petty. I am not on the internet all that much and would like to ensure each member gets what they want. Kind of like recyling.

I've gleaned a lot of valuable information about music from reading the forum and have also made a lot of purchases based on info in the topics.

Appreciate a recommendation or re- release and am enjoying the Cotton Club set which cost a few dollars.

Thanks to you guys, I was able to put my Chet items in some semblance of order and still play the old scratchy 10 inchers I bought in second hand stores for a few bucks.

Thanks to Ubu, I found the Chet track I had asked about on one of my CDs.

My putting my unwanted items up for sale at what they cost me is my way of saying thanks to a great group of individuals who indeed know their stuff.

Now...of someone can tell me how much the Charles Brown Aladdin cost new, I can get it to a member who will enjoy it. I've looked through several old Mosaic catalogs to no avail.

The Complete Aladdin Recordings of Charles Brown. MQ7-153 Serial #2307

(Never played, split top cover, This is the LP version)

Now...of someone can tell me how much the Charles Brown Aladdin cost new, I can get it to a member who will enjoy it. I've looked through several old Mosaic catalogs to no avail.

Back in '94 when the Brown came out , Mosaic's Q-LPs were priced at $13 , so that 7-LP set originally cost $91 .

Jeff - I'm grateful for your info on the Mercury box - and for all the PMs I've been sent advising me about this and that box :) Thanks, to all. It seems the one I'm more interested in is the one that DOES look like a radio.

The OkeH box would probably be nice but not a must have for me.

MG

Jeff-

Thanks guys. I am a retired Air Force MSgt (27 years) and can take ribbing and joking. Rudeness is a different issue. The stoke just left me with some slight memory impairment.

I could have easily dropped off the Mosaics at a local reseller in Westport, CT and made a haul.

Not my intention. I don't need the cash, it is more a case of my not having any use for these items and wanting to make them available at reasonable cost to forum members.

They are just sitting around collecting dust, I am getting rid of brick a brac, and thought they would be appreciated by genuine fans.

As I mentioned, the packing and mailing is a pain but I can handle that. Knowing someone will enjoy a set I no longer need is key.

Bickering about who was 'first' is kind of petty. I am not on the internet all that much and would like to ensure each member gets what they want. Kind of like recyling.

I've gleaned a lot of valuable information about music from reading the forum and have also made a lot of purchases based on info in the topics.

Appreciate a recommendation or re- release and am enjoying the Cotton Club set which cost a few dollars.

Thanks to you guys, I was able to put my Chet items in some semblance of order and still play the old scratchy 10 inchers I bought in second hand stores for a few bucks.

Thanks to Ubu, I found the Chet track I had asked about on one of my CDs.

My putting my unwanted items up for sale at what they cost me is my way of saying thanks to a great group of individuals who indeed know their stuff.

I'm glad there is someone on this board that ain't broke. all the best in the New Year! (that goes for everyone).