Do You like to show off your Blue Note collection?

Tjazz

Now I've seen it all. :wacko:

Reading the comments, I see that he admits that most are Liberty-era BNs, but even though I can't believe he's throwing them around like that, and apparently never heard of a poly bag either.

But really the most mind-blowing part was reading this comment:

I own a 1938 LP record (Blue Note)

by Oscar Peterson. Signed. True stereo.

I mean, damn. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

What was the Julius Watkins thing at the end? Looked like a 2 10" on 1 12" thing or something. Never knew about that...

I want to say it was issued with the Kenny Drew New Faces, New Sounds reissue - but AMG isn't helping.

It's a Japanese pressing (King ~ K18P 9273) from 1983 w/ the Julius Watlkins 10" lp's 5053 & 5064

But they're in such nice alphabetical order, except for Cecil Taylor being next to George Lewis.

Jeez, I can't believe I noticed that.

Wait. Yes I can.

So this guy files Art Blakey under "B" and the Jazz Messengers under "J". I think that about tells you all you need to know.

Up over and out.

But they're in such nice alphabetical order, except for Cecil Taylor being next to George Lewis.

Wait. Yes I can.

So this guy files Art Blakey under "B" and the Jazz Messengers under "J". I think that about tells you all you need to know.

Up over and out.

Do most people actually file record lps in alph order? Not me.

Wait. Yes I can.

Up over and out.

What I noticed is that he had them all propped against the wall in his version of alphabetical order.

Then, he flipped through what, three or four groups and put each bunch over to the left, not facing the same way as they were with the first one facing the wall and then back, keeping them in the same order as they were.

His way, they were no longer in alphabetical order.

And flinging them around the way he was made me wince slightly.

I wonder if he actually listens to them.

Edited by patricia

The way that individual people arrange their collections depends on what sort of collection it is.

Nobody I know arranges them according to what label they are.

I have Blue Note, Verve, Blue Bird, Joker, Plymouth, Colortone, Jazz Tone, Wing etc. etc. etc.

I don't know about most people, but I separate them into genres, then into alphabetical order, according to the main artist's last name, or the name of the band.

So, I would have for example, a classical section arranged by artist, a blues section, a flamenco section, a jazz section and so on.

Boxed sets are in a separate shelf space, arranged according to what type of music they are, similarly.

Records that are spoken word, or comedy are again in a separate shelf space.

But, I don't carelessly chuck them around like this guy is doing. :blink:

Edited by patricia

The way that individual people arrange their collections depends on what sort of collection it is.

Nobody I know arranges them according to what label they are.

I have Blue Note, Verve, Blue Bird, Joker, Plymouth, Colortone, Jazz Tone, Wing etc. etc. etc.

I don't know about most people, but I separate them into genres, then into alphabetical order, according to the main artist's last name, or the name of the band.

So, I would have for example, a classical section arranged by artist, a blues section, a flamenco section, a jazz section and so on.

Boxed sets are in a separate shelf space, arranged according to what type of music they are, similarly.

Records that are spoken word, or comedy are again in a separate shelf space.

But, I don't carelessly chuck them around like this guy is doing. :blink:

I couldn't arrange my collection as genres, you know, I strongly believe that all records are born and remain free and equal in rights, without distinction of race, religion, genres or sexual orientation. :)

A part Kenny G :g