Braxton Quartet Willisau (1991), Circle 1 Live in Concert Germany, Taj

Been a long-time lurker; have greatly enjoyed the dialog and learned quite a bit too - thank you.

I know it is always rude to make a sales pitch as your first post, but I wanted to post a link to a few rarities I just listed on e-bay. Hopefully, the $9.99 starting price, with no reserve, will make it a bit easier to take ...

Anthony Braxton Willisau (Quartet 1991) 4-cd Set Hat Art Marilyn Crispell, Mark Dresser, Gerry Hemmingway

Jimmy Lyons The Box Set 5-cd set Ayler Records

Chick Corea CIRCLE 1 Live in Germany Concert Stretch MCA Victor Japan Anthony Braxton, Dave Holland and Barry Altschul

The Taj Mahal Travelers July 15, 1972 Showboat Japan Mini bi-fold LP

TAJ MAHAL TRAVELLERS August 1974 2-cd set P-Vine Japan Mini bi-fold LP

The Ides of March Friendly Strangers 2-cd set Rhino Handmade

Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus DCC GOLD Steve Hoffman mastered

MOSAIC SELECT David Liebman & Richie Beirach 3-cd Box

Visit My Website

Thanks!

Scott in NYC

Anthony Braxton Willisau (Quartet 1991) 4-cd Set Hat Art Marilyn Crispell, Mark Dresser, Gerry Hemmingway

Dang, I really want that record, but I'm not going to get sucked into a bidding war.

Hopefully, it will be reissued sooner or later. :rcry

Why it's still not re-issued is beyond me. Are there less people who will buy this set than, say, Oliver Lake's Zaki?

Could it be some legal issues?

I believe the Braxton is slated for reissue (as is The Dark Tree, which I'm really excited about as well!):

http://www.hathut.com/home.html

Also Zorn's News for Lulu (and More News). Looks like Hat intends to re-issue eventually its whole back catalog.

BTW, is it the third time they will issue Dark Tree??!!

Edited by Mandrill

I believe the Braxton is slated for reissue (as is The Dark Tree, which I'm really excited about as well!):

http://www.hathut.com/home.html

From Hathut.com (Upcoming Releases):

4-644 Anthony Braxton · Willisau (Quartet) 1991

[reissue of hatART 4-6100]

From downtownmusicgallery.com:

Artist: ANTHONY BRAXTON

Title: Willisau Quartet 1991 [4 CD set]

Label: hat ology 644 Country: Switzerland

Format: CD Status: PREORDER $37.00

Thanks Red.

Thanks Red & Rupert... will be preordering that one!

Does Bruce have a release date up yet on that one?

I know I had heard they were re-releasing Willisau as far back as 2005. As you can tell, the "just have to have it" bug bit (at the usual lovely OOP e-bay premium!) Finally re-releasing it (and the rest of that amazing back catalogue) would save a number of us a great amount of pocket change!

Scott

Some lucky bastard picked up that set for $60... not bad... I wish I had jumped on it.

Willisau went for $109.16!! :wacko:

Oh, and welcome to the board, Scott. There's been lots of interesting discussions about Braxton's music here, stick around and join in! :)

Anthony Braxton, what do you think?

Some lucky bastard picked up that set for $60... not bad... I wish I had jumped on it.

Willisau went for $109.16!! :wacko:

Oh, and welcome to the board, Scott. There's been lots of interesting discussions about Braxton's music here, stick around and join in! :)

Anthony Braxton, what do you think?

Thanks Uncle Skid!

Yes, I think the Lyons set and the Circle 1 Live were good deals. Considering Willisau had gone over $200 recently, I hope this is a sign of saner times.

Much appreciated ... I have enjoyed the site for a couple years, but perhaps it is time to add a few notes now and then - I will try to do so.