Love on Jimi Hendrix

Tim McG

Kids at my HS still dig Hendrix. They wear tie-dye t-shirts with his face on them. They listen to his music. They ask me what it was like back when he was alive.

Hendrix is as timeless as he is great.

Post your favorite Hendrix memories, concerts, song/albums and video here.

I Hear My Train a Comin'

Tim

Edited by GoodSpeak

Kids at my HS still dig Hendrix. They wear tie-dye t-shirts with his face on them. They listen to his music. They ask me what it was like back when he was alive.

Hendrix is as timeless as he is great.

Post your favorite Hendrix memories, concerts, song/albums and video here.

I Hear My Train a Comin'

Tim

that performance is reason alone to by Blues, if it is still available. Can never get enough of it.

"Rainy Day, Dream Away" was always one of my favorites of his 'lesser-known' tunes (if you could call it that). It's got a great laid-back bluesy groove and some tasty B-3 by Mike Finnegan. Also a nice interplay between guitar/organ/sax at one point.

Me too. And that was before I moved to the Pacific Northwest. Here the song makes lots of sense, especially this time of year.

~ Edited to add I thought this thread was going to be about Arthur Lee's collaboration w/ Hendrix.

Edited by Quincy

he made so much good music in his short time on this earth. I have hundreds of cds by him. I remember in high school i went through a phase where i ONLY listened to jimi.

That sounds just like me!

Band of Gypsies. . .I don't think that will ever NOT floor me.

Jimi sang and played a lot about freedom, both in music and in life. I have always loved his music.

My favourite song: Gypsy Eyes

Favourite song #2: Ain't no Tellin'

This is my favourite album, strangely unavailable:

af64124128a07a602fad2010._AA240_.L.jpg

Live at Winterland

Edited by jostber

Some of my favorites:

Wait 'till Tomorrow (from ABAS) has to be one of the hippest tunes ever.

You Got Me Floatin' (from ABAS) is another classic that should be more popular than it is.

Gypsy Eyes (EL) is easily one of his best songs.

Any of the instrumentals (Midnight, Pali Gap, Villanova Junction, etc) particularly the version of Axis Bold As Love from the Experience Hendrix box.

Favorite album:

Band Of Gypsys - no competition, this is the album that firmly turned me into a Hendrix fanatic.

Jimi sang and played a lot about freedom, both in music and in life. I have always loved his music.

My favourite song: Gypsy Eyes

Favourite song #2: Ain't no Tellin'

This is my favourite album, strangely unavailable:

af64124128a07a602fad2010._AA240_.L.jpg

Live at Winterland

I have a feeling that within a few years this will show up as an official family offering.

"Rainy Day, Dream Away" was always one of my favorites of his 'lesser-known' tunes (if you could call it that). It's got a great laid-back bluesy groove and some tasty B-3 by Mike Finnegan. Also a nice interplay between guitar/organ/sax at one point.

If I'm not mistaken that tune is being used for a commercial now.

Along with the Beatles, Jimi was the first artist I listened to at the advent of my "musical awakening" in college. His music showed me so much that I'd not seen before. Here, 13 years later, his music still excites me. I love all his studio albums, along with most of the various releases that have come out on CD throughout the years. My favorite is still Band of Gypsys....I love that direction he was heading in towards the end of his life. A shame he didn't live longer to bless us with more.