BFT 54 signup thread

Big Al

Links to the downloads have been posted in the first post! Good luck and happy listening!

Rapidshare has limits on how much you can download if you are using a "free" account but there are ways to defeat that. If you have a high-speed modem, simply unplug and re-plug the device. You'll have a new IP when you go on (close your rapidshare browser window first) and you can download the next portion without waiting an hour or two.

How can you tell if you have a high speed modem or not? (Stupid question of the week/month/perhaps year, but I really don't know.)

MG

If you have a broadband connection, you have a high-speed modem. If you "dial-in" to your ISP, you don't.

Links to the downloads have been posted in the first post! Good luck and happy listening!

Rapidshare has limits on how much you can download if you are using a "free" account but there are ways to defeat that. If you have a high-speed modem, simply unplug and re-plug the device. You'll have a new IP when you go on (close your rapidshare browser window first) and you can download the next portion without waiting an hour or two.

How can you tell if you have a high speed modem or not? (Stupid question of the week/month/perhaps year, but I really don't know.)

MG

If you have a broadband connection, you have a high-speed modem. If you "dial-in" to your ISP, you don't.

Ah, that's fine. I may try that wheeze sometime.

MG

Oh well, just because... and yes, of course it's colour (and favourite, too...)

As for sounds, english hardly makes any sense concerning writing and actual sounds, does it? wear/hear/here, there/their... no other way than to just learn it, I assume. Not that German was perfect in this respect, but closer for sure.

If you learn English as a foreign language, you have to opt for English or American - makes more sense than to change halfway through a sentence. I opted for English - that's all there is to the why.

And in case that's an offense, you can exchange "English" and "American" by "British English" and "American English" - no offence intended. (Now I do admit that only now, thinking about it, I realised that offence isn't spelled with "s" in British English... but that stuff is hard to know if you're not consciously working on it - which I am not, besides org and some mails, I hardly ever get to use the English language.)

Hi Al - count me in for the download version. Thanks!

RDK's signature (You can do what you like with jazz as long as it doesn't lose it's Deep Dark Blue Center." - Hoagy Carmichael) made me think of this one:

ddbc-cover.png

Thanks Al, I'll try and grab the files tonight!

With good reason you thought of that, Flurin. Collier took his title from Hoagy's quote (which is where I first heard it, in Collier's liner notes).

RDK's signature (You can do what you like with jazz as long as it doesn't lose it's Deep Dark Blue Center." - Hoagy Carmichael) made me think of this one:

ddbc-cover.png

With good reason you thought of that, Flurin. Collier took his title from Hoagy's quote (which is where I first heard it, in Collier's liner notes).

Ah, that's cool, I didn't know about that (don't know much about Collier anyway) - I love Hoagy!

And in case that's an offense, you can exchange "English" and "American" by "British English" and "American English" - no offence intended. (Now I do admit that only now, thinking about it, I realised that offence isn't spelled with "s" in British English... but that stuff is hard to know if you're not consciously working on it - which I am not, besides org and some mails, I hardly ever get to use the English language.)

had to really use my english for the first time in quite some time last year when i was in England for a few days... in many respects my English is as good as i could wish (especially given that i have never been able to learn any other foreign language to a half-decent degree) but still buying a bus ticket wasn't as easy as it should have been and more than once i found myself ordering food that was easy to order to avoid complications :)

(if you ask me there isn't an "o" sound in "color" either?)

ddbc-cover.png

Ah, that's cool, I didn't know about that (don't know much about Collier anyway) - I love Hoagy!

Watch out for the forthcoming CD reissue of 'DDBC' - in stereo, featuring my LP !

:)

Edited by sidewinder

ddbc-cover.png

Watch out for the forthcoming CD reissue of 'DDBC' - in stereo, featuring my LP !

:)

cool, I think you mentioned that before but I forgot about it - will have to look for it to go legit with that one, finally! :ph34r:

Add Mr. Bassman - he asked how things are at the rehearsal today, you can send a copy for him along with mine, or I'll make one for him. We'll see each other on a weekly basis due to rehearsals and gigs starting next week.

Hi Big Al,

yes, it's me and I am signing in! I am sorry, but i forgot to write and post in time for the signup-period to this BFT, so Mikeweil did it. We'll meet every week (normally) and so i can get the delivery soon. As i noticed, the discussion just started ... but i will study the threads after listening, i want all the fun and no spoiling :w:lol:

with regards

Mr.Bassman

Hi Al, my dear friend, the swell discs arrived yesterday, and are a blast! Now I understand why you like my first BFT so much!

Will post some guesses later today. Mr. Bassman will drop by tomorrow for rehearsal and get his - two gigs coming up over the weekend.

Sweet!!! I was hoping you would dig them! And yes, between your BFT 18 and Sangrey's BFT 4, that was where I drew most of my inspiration! :tup Can't wait to hear yours and Bassman's responses!