BFT 54 signup thread

Big Al

Thanks to fent99 for letting me pinch-hit for him. I had a blast with my last BFT, and I got the impression that a lot of y'all did as well. It'll only be one disc, with two themes that'll be easy to spot, with an overall emphasis on fun and whimsy just like the last disc.

I'm gonna try and go the yousendit route, but if anyone wants a CD, just send me your mailing address via PM.

Downloads (by virtue of the fact that I haven't gotten a mailing address PM'd to me)

Dan Gould

The Magnificent Goldberg

king ubu

sidewinder

Spoontooneous

wordsandsounds

JSngry

RDK

HERE ARE THE LINKS TO THE BFTs:

Disc one, part 1

Disc one, part 2

Disc two, part 1

Disc two, part 2

When you click on any of the links, you'll need to scroll down to the free download section and take it from there. I had to split up the zip files so I could upload for free. Let me know if any technical difficulties arise.

CDRs

mikeweil (because I said so)

Jim R (ditto)

Bright Moments

Nate Dorward

Mr. Bassman

dutchmanx

Edited by Big Al

Al,

I think I'll jump back in for yours, though I don't know how much time I'll have to devote. I know that yousendit has started being annoying with restrictions on non-paying accounts, so I want to suggest rapidshare.com as an option. You can zip a file and send the link, the only restriction is that non-paying users have to wait a minute or two before they can download. And with only one disc, you won't run into the restrictions on how much you can download in a given time period.

If it's a download, I'll go for it again as it involves no additional work - I haven't posted any comments on #51-53, and I apologise for that. Yet I'm still not sure I will be able to post a lot on this upcoming one, but as I said, if you do it the download way, I'd gladly accept a PM with the links once you're done with it!

All discs were mailed out today. I put Mr. Bassman's discs in the same envelope as mikeweil's.

The link to the download will (hopefully) be up no later than Thursday night/Friday morning (depending on where you live).

It's two CDs with no theme. If you find a theme or two, you get extra points. All I did was start grabbing CDs off the shelf and when it was all said and done, I had two CDs of songs I really enjoy and no desire to trim it down. If you remember my last BFT, you could easily call this collection "More of the Same, Only Much More of It." Nothing challenging, nothing too obscure; just two CDs chock fulla groovy tunes! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone aces this thing!

Hopefully, once the link to the download is up, more folks will join in!

Al,

I think I'll jump back in for yours, though I don't know how much time I'll have to devote. I know that yousendit has started being annoying with restrictions on non-paying accounts, so I want to suggest rapidshare.com as an option. You can zip a file and send the link, the only restriction is that non-paying users have to wait a minute or two before they can download. And with only one disc, you won't run into the restrictions on how much you can download in a given time period.

When I went to Rapidshare, there were all these options of different softwares to choose from. Did I miss something?

Al,

When I went to Rapidshare, there were all these options of different softwares to choose from. Did I miss something?

Sure they were software options, Al? I thought those options were different routes or servers or something. When I used them, one of them was marked as the preferred one and I just used that.

MG

Links to the downloads have been posted in the first post! Good luck and happy listening!

Rapidshare has limits on how much you can download if you are using a "free" account but there are ways to defeat that. If you have a high-speed modem, simply unplug and re-plug the device. You'll have a new IP when you go on (close your rapidshare browser window first) and you can download the next portion without waiting an hour or two.

Links to the downloads have been posted in the first post! Good luck and happy listening!

Rapidshare has limits on how much you can download if you are using a "free" account but there are ways to defeat that. If you have a high-speed modem, simply unplug and re-plug the device. You'll have a new IP when you go on (close your rapidshare browser window first) and you can download the next portion without waiting an hour or two.

How can you tell if you have a high speed modem or not? (Stupid question of the week/month/perhaps year, but I really don't know.)

MG