couple of chess babes

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or are some of them just plain nerds? It was downhill from the second post on ...

Well, absent nerdish tendencies it'd probably be difficult to achieve an international chess title, even WIM (Women's International Master). Might be more hotties in the WFM (Women's FIDE Master) category; certainly more candidates.

It was widely reported (well, in chess circles) that Kass was dating German GM Eric Lobron. :huh: The reports caused a certain amount of amazement. The couple has since broken up. :tdown

Isn't Sharevich, GM Alexander Grischuk's squeeze?

Caoili is GM Lev Aronian's girlfriend, but that's pretty well known.

Edited by connoisseur series500

Is it just me or are some of them just plain nerds? It was downhill from the second post on ...

Who isn't a nerd? :bwallace2:

Post #6 is a freaking genius. She may not be a super model, but she's a brilliant woman.

She may be, but the thread is "Chess Babes" - if you're not a babe but you play chess, you don't belong. No grading on a curve for chess nerds.

Who isn't a nerd? :bwallace2:

Post #6 is a freaking genius. She may not be a super model, but she's a brilliant woman.

She may be, but the thread is "Chess Babes" - if you're not a babe but you play chess, you don't belong. No grading on a curve for chess nerds.

Who says Judit isn't a babe? Maybe beauty is just skin deep with you, Dan, I don't know.

What the fuck is a chess nerd anyway? Part of the purpose of showing these pics is to overcome the outdated stereotype. Just because most Americans don't play chess doesn't mean that this is the case across the world. Chess has changed a lot since the Bobby Fischer days. We've got a lot more female players and chess is big in the scholastic system.

Maybe fans of the Three Sounds might be considered "nerds" to other people. Be careful about your simplistic labels, dude.

Edited by connoisseur series500