Scam letters

I guess we have all received tons of these, mostly from Nigeria, but this one just popped into my mailbox (from a hotmail address). Thought it was a little different.

My intention of contacting you is to solicit your assistance in a

Project,Though I know my decision to contact you in this manner is

unconventional, the prevailing circumstances necessitated my action.I am

Mohammed Jamal from Cuba an oil explorer.I have esophageal cancer and the

doctors say i have Six months left.Honestly everyone will surely die one

day,but how you pass through this world is what matters,I have been

distributing funds to charity organizations but Due to my present

condition i cant do this anymore,i need you to help distribute my

remaining money to war torn countries and religious organizations,Any

delaying your reply will give room in sourcing for an organization or a

devoted person for this same purpose.Until I hear from you my dreams will

rest squarely on your shoulders.God guide you.Jamal.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a large list of people in dire straits with lots of money. I think this one was on the old Blue Note BB:

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force

Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a

secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later

Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space

station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the

Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to

earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo.

There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going

since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated

flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American

Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and

Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place

a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return

flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000

American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your

assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total

amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil

servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service

Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous.

In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred

sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses

(internal and external) between the parties in the course of the

transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to

other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include

downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234

(0) 9-234-2220 only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde

Astronautics Project Manager

tip@nasrda.gov.ng

This is a new one for me.

At various times throughout the year I place ads to try and sell older equipment no longer getting used.

I received this follow up email in response to one of those ads for an old dump truck.

Am Sorry for not responding earlier, just got back from vacation. My client has agreed on the price and will send payment. i will make arrangement for a pickup agent. My client will send you a cashier check of $13,000. When you receive the check, deduct $4,000 for the Truck, the difference of $9,000 should be sent via Money gram transfer to the agent who will under take pickup, shipment and other expenses. I hope it is in good condition? Please confirm this and provide the following details

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

1. LEGAL NAME IN FULL.......

2. ADDRESS..............

3. PHONE...............

Regards

Jay

The joke is on him, I kept the 13 grand. :crazy:

This one just in. How strange, love the Poultry address, but I have no recollection of previous contact with Dr. Rogers--must be dementia setting in. :)

Dear Good Friend,

I am much delighted and privileged to Contact you again. It takes faith, courage and fear of God to remember old friends and show gratification for the time shared together in the past irrespective of the circumstances that punctuated our intension to actualize things. I take this liberty to inform you

that the transaction we were pursing together has finally worked out by God's infinite mercy and favour. I decided to contact you to let you share from the good news and help me in thanking God for the abundance grace and favour that are flowing and moving all over me.

I am happy to inform you that I am in Trinidad and Tobago for numerous business negotiations and investments. I arrived on 10th of last month where I am undergoing intensive Property and Capital investment project with the foreign firm that helped me in realizing this transaction. In appreciation of your dogged efforts towards my proposal then, I have raised a duly signed, sealed, and Certified International Bank Cheque, to the tune of USD$950, 000.00 (NINE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) only in your name as COMPENSATION for your dedication, humility and contribution in the past.

You are required to contact my secretary in London at the below contact address;

Rev.Cornelly Amalar

15 Poultry, London EC 2P 2BX

United Kingdom

E-mail: corn2amalar@gmail.com

He will advise you further about the shipment of the check to your Residence/Office Address.

Urgent response shall be appreciated.

Sincerely Yours,

Dr Paul A. Rogers.

abracluck.jpg

Poultry is a real street in the City of London (ie, the financial centre)

MG

At various times throughout the year I place ads to try and sell older equipment no longer getting used.

I received this follow up email in response to one of those ads for an old dump truck.

Am Sorry for not responding earlier, just got back from vacation. My client has agreed on the price and will send payment. i will make arrangement for a pickup agent. My client will send you a cashier check of $13,000. When you receive the check, deduct $4,000 for the Truck, the difference of $9,000 should be sent via Money gram transfer to the agent who will under take pickup, shipment and other expenses. I hope it is in good condition? Please confirm this and provide the following details

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

2. ADDRESS..............

3. PHONE...............

Regards

Jay

This is a common scam. The cashiers check, or the moneygram, or the money order is either counterfeit or stolen, which doesn't become clear until a week or two after you deposit it.

PAYMENT INFORMATION:

2. ADDRESS..............

3. PHONE...............

Regards

Jay

This is a common scam. The cashiers check, or the moneygram, or the money order is either counterfeit or stolen, which doesn't become clear until a week or two after you deposit it.

Oh shit, and I just put a down payment on a swimming pool. ;)

Edited by catesta

ONLINE OFFER(PART-TIME JOB)GET

PAID WEEKLY..

Good day

My name is Andrew Thompson,an Artist and also the Manager of TN

fabrics and Textiles and i live and work here in United Kingdom,Would

you like to work online from home and get paid without affecting your

present job? Actually i need a representative who can be working for

our company as online book-keeper.We make lots of supplies to some of

our clients in the USA/CANADA,for which i do come to USA/CANADA to

receive payment and have it cashed after i supply them raw materials.

Its always too expensive and stressful for me to come down and receive

such payment twice in a month so i therefore decided to contact you. I

am willing to pay you 10% for every payment receive by you from our

clients who makes payment through you.

Pls note you don't to be a book keeper to apply for the job.. Kindly

get back to me as soon as possible if you are interested in this

job offer with your:

NAME...

ADDRESS(If Possible P.o. box)...

STATE........

CITY..............

ZIP CODE........

COUNTRY.....

PHONE NUMBER ........

GENDER..................

AGE....................

OCCUPATION...........

EMAIL ADDRESS FOR QUICK DELIVERY OF PAYMENTS.

PLEASE SEND YOUR REPLY ASAP TO: fabric_andrewtnt@yahoo.co.uk

Andrew P Thompson..

TNT FABRICS AND TEXTILES

• 3 weeks later...

I love this site, but perhaps my judgment has been impaired by too many trips to West Africa:

http://j-walk.com/other/conf/index.htm

I missed this post before. It's wonderful!!!! Perhaps my judgement also has been impaired by trips to West Africa - I thought the running water was a nice touch.

MG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the way I read this one:

Dear Friend,

It has been long we communicated last, am so sorry for thedelay, I mean your cheque of ($800.000.00) that my boss asked me to mail to you as soon as you request for, but due to some minor issue you fails to respond at the aproprate time, and presently the cheque is
within
me here in BENIN REPUBLIC.

Well, you can keep it then, "friend".

Reminds me of the old Steve Martin line about the way to avoid being robbed: throw up on your money.

"Whoops! Pass - catch you later old buddy, thanks for stopping by."

:g

As for the scam - think how much easier it is to find a sucker willing to pay $95 to get his "cheque". And $95 will probably go a long way in BENIN REPUBLIC.

Actually, I was surprised how expensive Benin (Cotonou) was, at least compared to its neighbors and near-neighbors: Togo, Burkina, Niger... But that's beside the point. My scam letter for the day:

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

TINUBU SQUARE LAGOS-NIGERIA.

FROM THE DESK OF: MR. LUKMAN YAKUBU

DIRECTOR OF FOREIGN OPERATIONS,

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (C.B.N)

TEL/FAX: +234-1-49999999

OUR REF: CBN/IRD/CBX/021/08.

ATTN:BENEFICIARY.

IMMEDIATE PAYMENT ORDER.

THIS IS TO NOTIFY YOU THAT YOUR OVER DUE CONTRACT/INHERITANCE

FUNDS HAS BEEN GAZZETED TO BE RELEASED, VIA KEYTELEX TRANSFER

(KTT)/ DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER TO YOU BY THE SENATE COMMITTEE

ON FOREIGN OVER DUE CONTRACT/INHERITTACE FUND.

GAZZETED I believe that is when something is sent by gazelle.

And wow! In Nigeria, the Senate SENDS money to citizens.

Edited by BeBop

GAZZETED I believe that is when something is sent by gazelle.

Gazetted is a term borrowed from the British Government by some, perhaps many, former colonies. There is a weekly paper called "The London Gazette" which, at the bottom says "Published by Authority" - which I've always thought was a fantastic expression. The London Gazette is the organ by which certain Government actions are made real in a sense. For example, appointments to the Privy Council, senior military appointments, schools inspectors' appointments are announced in it; so are bankruptcies - the doctrine being that ignorance is no excuse and creditors ought to read the London Gazette just in case they find out that someone who owes them money has gone bust. The Royal diary for the week is set out in it, if I recall aright. And also the sort of thing that the scam letter talks about.

But no one reads the London Gazette except Government officials. There is nothing in the paper except these announcements. And the paper, I should think, makes a profit, because each announcement is charged for like an advert.

MG

I got a good one today.

Dear friend,

i was seraching for a reputable christian who can help me distribute the funds i want to use to help the less priviledged before i got your contact.

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me because I believe everyone will die someday. My name is Mr.jerry moore,A member of the the United Nations. I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer which was discovered very late, due to my laxity in carrying for my health. I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations and destitute homes.

Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself any more. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organizations around the globe and they refused and kept the money to themselves.

Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be

contended with what I have left for them. The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit in consignment which I deposited in form of my personal valuables with a security company in Europe.

I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatch it to charity organizations. your reward will get to you as soon as you secure the funds.you should contact me only on jerry_moore@switched.com for all further correspondence.God bless you.

Mr.jerry moore

Mr.jerry moore seems to suffer from a form of Esophageal cancer which causes one to have difficulty with correct capitalization and word choice. Fortunately, he believes that everyone will die one day. I wasn't aware that it was a matter of belief. If that's the case, I DON'T believe that everyone will die someday. That should cover me! :excited:

Edited by Alexander

I got a good one today.

Dear friend,

i was seraching for a reputable christian who can help me distribute the funds i want to use to help the less priviledged before i got your contact.

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me because I believe everyone will die someday. My name is Mr.jerry moore,A member of the the United Nations. I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer which was discovered very late, due to my laxity in carrying for my health. I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations and destitute homes.

Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself any more. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organizations around the globe and they refused and kept the money to themselves.

Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be

contended with what I have left for them. The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit in consignment which I deposited in form of my personal valuables with a security company in Europe.

I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatch it to charity organizations. your reward will get to you as soon as you secure the funds.you should contact me only on jerry_moore@switched.com for all further correspondence.God bless you.

Mr.jerry moore

Mr.jerry moore seems to suffer from a form of Esophageal cancer which causes one to have difficulty with correct capitalization and word choice. Fortunately, he believes that everyone will die one day. I wasn't aware that it was a matter of belief. If that's the case, I DON'T believe that everyone will die someday. That should cover me! :excited:

It's nice that he sought you out as a reputable Christian as well. :w:P