Frank Zappa, Classical Composer

7/4

Regarding "200 Motels" DVD, I have read the sound on it is bad.

Me too - that's what may have kept me from buying it, since I have the VHS. Audio and video were said to be identical to the videotape available, I now recall. I also remember someone raised the question why the Zappa family didn't take care of a proper DVD edition.

Regarding "200 Motels" DVD, I have read the sound on it is bad.

Me too - that's what may have kept me from buying it, since I have the VHS. Audio and video were said to be identical to the videotape available, I now recall. I also remember someone raised the question why the Zappa family didn't take care of a proper DVD edition.

They don't have the rights - neither to the movie, nor to the soundtrack.

I read some negative comments about the video production of 200 Motels as well. Check Biffy's Pages website. Michael P. Dawson knows just about everything there is to know about FZ.

Although it's a jazz big band, I highly recommend Ed Palermo's Zappa albums. Especially the first two. Ed is a great arranger, and his band is phenomenal. Try the Cuneiform release, Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance.

Anybody who has that crappy 80s Sleep Dirt CD should get the original vinyl, or the Lather CD set to hear the original arrangements and mixes.