Board is back in business, looks like!

Dmitry

I'm not very knowledgeable about cyber-terrorism, but I can't help but wonder if there's any way to trace this back to a source. Are these guys really adept at covering their tracks? It sure seems like a lot is known about them- where they're from, their motives, other hacking jobs they've done. Couldn't some "counter hackers" hack the hackers?

Of course, my first thoughts were "some pissed off poster has exacted their revenge!". I won't even list the names that crossed my mind since it would only be speculation. Though you can guess, I'll bet.

Glad to see the board back. I didn't realize how addicted I'd become until denied access :o . It's nice to have an alternative site like AAJ as sort of an "emergency family meeting place" to go to and get information (and vice-versa). Just glad it was up again.

Duck and cover! :)

Edited by Free For All

I don't have a firewall on this computer, so I can't tell if I'm being attacked right now (or over the last two days). But on another computer I've used, with the Norton firewall, you get a little flashing thing at the bottom of the screen (on the firewall icon, I think) which tells you someone's trying to break in. That happens a lot. Generally the attacks don't go on and on. Just once, I had some guy trying to break in endlessly. None of this had anything to do with Securinfos, so the firewall thing may be a coincidence.

We'd need some other reports on that.

Simon Weil

• 1 month later...