Board is back in business, looks like!

Dmitry

Yeah, it seemed odd to me that the day allaboutjazz came back up, organissimo was brought down. And, apparently the result of hacking. But coincidences do happen. Anyway...

It's good to have the site back.

Simon Weil

Edit: A google search brings up all sorts of sites that Securinfos has attacked with more or less the same message. There's also one, in German, where the site thanks Securinfos for helping deal with the attack on it. There was a golf site etc...

2nd Edit: This is the first page of a site that lists 750 attacks by Securinfos. They appear to have started on 26th May (see last page.)

Edited by Simon Weil

As bluenoter posted in a thread over on AAJ, the fellows who left their mark here called themselves Securinfos. They hail from Brazil and are not anti-jazz but anti-American.

The attack on this site was part of a much larger attack on my host's numerous sites. I talked to the server admin tonight and he said several of his sites got hit. They probably hit us because we get so much traffic around here.

Thank God they were not as malicious as the ones that attacked AAJ. But like I said, I do weekly backups.

As bluenoter posted in a thread over on AAJ, the fellows who left their mark here called themselves Securinfos. They hail from Brazil and are not anti-jazz but anti-American.

The attack on this site was part of a much larger attack on my host's numerous sites. I talked to the server admin tonight and he said several of his sites got hit. They probably hit us because we get so much traffic around here.

Thank God they were not as malicious as the ones that attacked AAJ. But like I said, I do weekly backups.

Glad to see the board back, I didn't even know it was down! :tup

Sure it was Brazilian, not from Spain???defi_logo.gif

Lots of folks have badmouthed this label....

Just kidding!!! Most likely it was Kenny G. No one hates jazz more than he does! :w

I'm suprised to see it back so soon, too. I logged on just before bed last night, saw that freaky screen and immediately called Jim, who was in Chicago at the time. He couldn't do anything about it from there except call the server guy. I don't know what happened after that, but I'm glad to know that it wasn't a personal attact on us at least. Unless those boys are pissed that we don't have a Brazilian jazz forum... :ph34r:

You can count me as one who found it very curious that this board was hit just as AAJ came back up. Very surprised (pleasantly) to find everything back and none the worse.

Just imagine if Johnny had found that creepy image when he gets online today ... if Johnny couldn't post, what would he do? What would he do? :P

A google search brings up all sorts of sites that Securinfos has attacked with more or less the same message. There's also one, in German, where the site thanks Securinfos for helping deal with the attack on it.

I saw that too -- reminded me of some kind of mafia protection racket!

Anyway, PHEW!!! I'm awfully happy to see you back up today!