Describe Your Dream Home

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would I live my life if I could afford it?

In a fully landscaped home on a pine covered hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The kitchen, dining room and living room would afford fantastic views. Honey-stained pinewood planks would dominate the ceiling, walls and floors. A granite top kitchen with an island in the middle would accent the stainless steel sink, stove, and kitchen appliances. The spacious living room's fireplace would be river rock from floor to ceiling. Four huge bedrooms including a Master Suite with a wet bar, huge walk in closet, a two sink bathroom with a river rock grotto leading to the shower with a sauna off to the side. All would be lighted with inset ceiling accent lights on dimmer switches. A multimedia stereo system with huge speakers along with ceiling speakers throughout the house with some kick-ass sound.

Straight Ahead Jazz would be playing constantly. Classical Baroque Trumpet for the morning repast would be a must.

A redwood deck surrounds the outside of the house and the outdoor kitchen highlights the Jacuzzi.

The temperature controlled 400 bottle fully stocked wine cellar would be downstairs next to the subterranean 4-car garage and the Cable TV/movie screening room which seats 50.

A fully appointed 2-bedroom Mother-in-Law with a kitchen would be available for visitors out in the beautifully landscaped backyard with beach access and stunning views.

Most of all, it would include expansive views, peace and serenity and the best food money can buy.

Last edited by GoodSpeak

I haven't given a lot of thought to it but my dreamhouse would include:

A sizeable music room with ample, built-in storage of all media

A very large lot so that I could not hear neighbors or cars/trucks and so that the dogs would have ample space to run and play

A tennis court (clay or har-tru) in the back

Goodie, I'll send you a file on a place we're going to try to buy, it's in Costa Rica and I just love it.

The house could be better, but it's ok just the same, and it has so much to offer, just what we've been looking for.

There's a wrap around quarry tile veranda, with a wrap around quarry tiled planter box about 2 1/2 feet high that you could grow anything in, flowers, herbs, tomato's etc. Around that is a quary tile walkway, and then there's French doors out onto the somewhat narrow veranda, maybe about 5 feet wide or so, with a couple of steps down to the covered swimming pool, kind of a home built type, but 40 feet long, and then there's the park like lawn, which leads down a slight slope to a tile roofed rancho, a good sized one, it's similar to a gazebo. "Rancho", that's what they call outdoor kitchens and eating areas. It has an observation deck surrounding at least two sides, as far as I can tell by the photo's. There's a little limestone colored gravel circle driveway, a carport like area across from it aways, and all around there are fruit trees, flowering shrubs, rosebushes, and even your pine trees, as well as palms. The property, which is like a well kept park, overlooks the ocean, and in the distance, you can see the waves breaking on a surfable beach, and then there's the other hills, which they call mountains, to look over to and, over valley's and hills. The ocean's not too far down the hills from the property which has 44 acres and a creek. The fellow selling it tells me it takes about an hour to ride a horse to it.

It has winding, twisting roads up to it gravel ones, and cinder ones, nothing is paved, and there are no close neighbors to look across to or any looking down on this property either, the privacy is phenominal. It looks like heaven to me and even though it's not my dream house, it will more than do and there's even a long guest house with five good sized picture windows, so it looks to be quite nice and there are flowering shrubs and such around it as well. PM me and I'll send them. The sun setting over the ocean is something I miss seeing something terrible, just the sea air alone brings tear to my eyes when we travel back down to Hermosa Beach and it begins to permeate the air. This freezing cold makes me miss it even more than usual.

Sandi

Edited by EulaM

Set you up for that one didn't I?

Any of you can email me a pm with your email addrss and I'll send you the photos of the place. I'll tell you, I'll be crying about if we can't swing it, that is if it hasn't been bought up by now. The interior could be spiffed up and made prettier pretty easily, a lot of different things could be done to make it more to my liking.

Property is red hot down there, or a lot of it is, and the prices even though they've gone up in price something like 400% since I first started looking, a whole 100% in the past year alone, there are still some terrific buys down there, absolutely beautiful places, closer in and more modern than what we're looking at and for, as we wanted some land and privacy. U.S. citizens and other exPats have the same rights as the Costa Ricans do, and the same medical benefits. We've known people from here who went down there quite often for their dental work as it was so good and so much less expensive.

It isn't quite my style, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at it as a gift:

http://www.brownharrisstevens.com/detail.aspx?id=364979#

I was waiting for them to say, in the small print at the bottom, "no pets, no children", but they didn't.

Five wood burning fireplaces! And staff quarters, so you can employ your own live-in lumberjack to cut down half of Central Park :)

Can you actually BUY firewood in Manhttan?

MG

It isn't quite my style, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at it as a gift:

http://www.brownharrisstevens.com/detail.aspx?id=364979#

I was waiting for them to say, in the small print at the bottom, "no pets, no children", but they didn't.

Five wood burning fireplaces! And staff quarters, so you can employ your own live-in lumberjack to cut down half of Central Park :)

Can you actually BUY firewood in Manhttan?

MG

Sure. Fireplaces aren't THAT uncommon.