Describe Your Dream Home

1214_01_9---Portland-Head-Lighthouse--Maine_web.jpg

I've always wanted to live in a lighthouse. I have no idea why....

My parents lived in a couple including a stint on Point Sur (actually lived in adjacent structure) where my older sister was born

this was 55 I believe (I was born in 61)

Light-house-Pico-Blanco-lrg.jpg

I think the other Lighthouse they lived in was San Luis Obispo

Homepage_09.jpg

They have fond memories of their times in these places

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine sent me a classified ad and photo of Volkswagen Beatle someone was advertising, saying "One Owner, 10 Original Miles, or close to it, telling in a cute way as to the condition of the car, and the funny mileage situation, and such. Then it showed the picture, It was a dark blue, There sat the advertised bug on a small rock of an island, at the foot of a lighthouse with a tiny drive way, no room to turn around. It had only been used in storms to pick up groceries and supplies when a boat would bring them over to the lighthouse tender from the mainland. It had as many miles in reverse as it had in forward motion. I had saved the ad, but lost it in a crash.

If I could build again I would definitely build an "open" plan

minimal walls

Look up Diego Villasenor, his places are grand, and open, and when not, they still give an open impression as his spacial concepts are so well put together, with water, color, and furninshing's doing their magic as well. I was going to post a few links for his designs here, but it kept sending me to the upload an attachment page, and the pictures I've saved along with their script are too large for this thread, so I need to redo some things and upload some of them here once I get to it.

93_swainby%20village.jpg

sorry for the hijack -- I would love that place in Paris!

The Paris apartment you mention sounds very nice, but my GOD, this looks pretty dreamy to me.

The snow photo and this one is really pretty and it would have to be wonderful living there. That is if I didn't have to navigate on the ice, or in fog. We've had both conditions in places we've lived, and right now, we have ths snow. it's beautiful, but ranch life isn't like going on a skiing trip. Regardless of whatever else is going on in your life, there's livestock to care for, even when it's 27 below, you can't not feed and water, or treat an injury or an illness they might develop. When there's snow on the ground, or when it goes below zero, Costa Rica looks better each and every day.

How pretty MG.

The photo's you sent to me of the village near where you live, with the hills all golden, it looks like up above where we lived in California, up in the "Gold Country" where they had so many gold strikes. Rolling hills with Oak trees everywhere, with Chinese built rock fences criss crossing the ranches. We used to go up there just for drives and to see the scenery, that before a day long trip cost an arm and a leg due to gas prices.