How many Verve Elite Editions do you have?

DrJ

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Jacquet if you find it.

What Jeff said :tup

I originally picke it up to hear more Ben Webster; he's only on two tracks. But the REST of this disc is fantastic! Nothing earth-shattering, just very very swinging!!!!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I can't believe this. I found the extra hidden nine minutes. A pain in the ass but I'm glad it's there. Hit play on the first track then rewind. I just imported this into my Mac the other day. Tried it again now but unfortunately I can't access the hidden tracks on my computer.

I might have to go searching through the rest of my Verve Elites for more hidden stuff. Is Jimmy Hoffa in there?

I have almost all the CDs in this series (the few I don't have - Lalo, Alan Shorter, Dinah Washington, that third stream Modern Jazz Society - I chose not to pick up when they were available and still have no interest

Modern Jazz Society is excellent whether it'sc alled Third stream or not highly recommended if you find it. C'mon it's got Lucky Thompson on it ..... :wub:

I wish I could say that I discovered this through my own curiosity and ingenuity, but alas, I was simply told by a friend who was working at Verve at the time.

Subsequently there was an article published in the IAJRC Journal that noted this.

It is definitely worth checking other Verve issues from around this time period. I think I checked all the Elites and the others don't have hidden material, but there are at least three "regular" Verve CDs that do. I won't mention names just yet.

Mike