Newbury Comics

jlhoots

I once had a problem with a Newbury eBay Store sale. Newbury processed the sale without the advertised discount, and I had trouble reaching the company by e-mail.

Someone on this board posted their customer service phone number (sorry, I no longer have it). A phone call quickly cleared up the problem.

Might be the distance from Mass to south Florida, but I have gone with Newbury a couple of times in the last six weeks or so - and they have not been fast at all. Mind you, I wasn't concerned because I was confident from what everyone else has said that they would come through but ... it wasn't the perfect, super fast response I'd been led to expect. Caiman in fact beat them twice when placing near-simultaneous orders for different discs.

No problems. Just ordered on Wednesday afternoon, & received the order today.

I ordered Jan. 21, received a confirmation from them.

However the order is still not here.

I e-mailed them with (so far) no response.

Not my previous experience, except the last time I ordered. That also took a long time to arrive, although it eventually did.

Just wonder if they've switched from 1st class to media mail to save a few pennies.

Newbury Comics customer service phone number: 617-779-5973.

I've placed several recent orders with them, both through Amazon and directly through their site. Generally, the orders have shipped the same day or the next business day. For orders directly through their site, Newbury ships by first class or priority (for 13 ounces or over) mail, and not media mail. I can't remember whether they use first class for Amazon orders, but I believe they do. Most of the orders have taken a few days to arrive in Philly, but some have taken a bit longer (due to the Postal Service, and not Newbury).

Newbury Comics customer service phone number: 617-779-5973.

I've placed several recent orders with them, both through Amazon and directly through their site. Generally, the orders have shipped the same day or the next business day. For orders directly through their site, Newbury ships by first class or priority (for 13 ounces or over) mail, and not media mail. I can't remember whether they use first class for Amazon orders, but I believe they do. Most of the orders have taken a few days to arrive in Philly, but some have taken a bit longer (due to the Postal Service, and not Newbury).

Well, I agree that the USPS stinks.

They (Newbury) could answer my e-mail. They used to.

If the order does not arrive Monday, I'll try calling them.

Edited by jlhoots

Newbury has been great with one exception.

Some time ago they sent me a CD with a cut-out hole in the jewel box that went into the CD itself, and it took several emails before I got a response. I finally got a phone call and they told me since they had no more in stock they were going to send a return label for me to return the CD for a refund. That was about a month ago, nothing has ever shown up. I'm inclined to let it go, it was a cheap CD. Other than that they've been exceptional.

Edited by Free For All

Newbury has been great for with one exception.

Some time ago they sent me a CD with a cut-out hole in the jewel box that went into the CD itself, and it took several emails before I got a response. I finally got a phone call and they told me since they had no more in stock they were going to send a return label for me to return the CD for a refund. That was about a month ago, nothing has ever shown up. I'm inclined to let it go, it was a cheap CD. Other than that they've been exceptional.

I am waiting for a response from them, through Amazon, on the same issue. The only difference is I paid about $20 for the CD.

I've received quite a few CDs from Newbury recently. No major problems - very fast shipping, accurate orders... However, I have had atleast 3 discs where the barcode 'cut out' just missed the CD - and 1 that was damaged (a "u" shape cut into the edge of the disc) but still playable.

Edited by street singer

I received an e-mail too.

However, all it basically said was that it could take up to 21 days for an order to arrive.

They didn't answer my question about what shipping / mailing method was used.

FWIW the order is still not here, although today's mail has not yet arrived.

Order was placed on Jan. 21 & apparently shipped on Jan. 23.

I've ordered many times from Newbury Comics.

CDs used to arrive in 2-4 days.

The last 2 times I've ordered it's taken much longer. My present order is currently 12 days old & still not here.

I e-mailed & so far have not received an answer.

Comments??

This happened to me once. Turns out the item wasn't in stock and my money was refunded. THe problem was quickly resolved, but it took awhile for them to identify the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I bet i will come across one at a Newbury Comics store for $3.99-$5.99 .

I find lots of OJCs at Newbury for $3.99 that they try to sell online (ebay/amazon) for upwards

of $49.99

Last week i found a brand new still sealed Sonny Simmons Burning Spirits for $3.99 and they are

selling it on amazon for $49.99.

I'am starting to question how rare some of these really are , maybe Newbury are sitting on a few hundred of these

titles in their warehouse ?

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a Newbury Comics last night and the clerk was talking about them opening a SUPERSTORE

on Rt. 1 in Norwood Ma.......probably looking at September.

I mean really with cd sales down and Tower closing and just about everyone else, ya gotta give

these guys credit . They are sticking in there and doing WELL !!!!!!!!