OK, Am I Just Slow?

JSngry

...that Organissimo went for a ".org" domain for their website rather than a ".com"?

I mean, it IS a ORGan group right? Stands but to reason!

I just, JUST now caught this, right now. Didn't USE to be so slow, but time marches on....

Edited by JSngry

:D Yes indeed, it's organissimo.org

.com is taken, believe it or not and isn't really used... it's German, though. And .de is some weird German site too, that has something to do with finance I think.

So what could I do? ;)

Be the first member on your own board???

Seriously, was there a problem the first time around, or what??? A lottery?

The first member is "admin", which is the default member setup by the software upon installation. Technically I could delete him, then I would be number one. But who cares?

Oh, I don't know, I guess I would rather say to folks I am number one, not a number two! ;)

• 4 years later...

I tried. I'm still #2. Damn.

I think deletion will only empty the entry in the database, but the member numbers will stay the same.

You'll remain the eternal second ...

Noooooo! An UPDATE statement is in order (if the member number is used as primary key, better not mess with it).

Edited by rockefeller center

What if you rename member #1 from "Admin" to "Jim Alfredson", then change the post count to whatever your post count is on member #2?

Member #1 doesn't exist anymore. But it wouldn't be a good idea anyway.

That's what I should've done when the board was first initialized. Alas, I was but a noob.

The problem is the database uses the member number to connect all the posts to said member. I looked into how to re-connect posts when neveronfriday had me delete his old account. Now all the posts are there, but they are not connected to his new account. To do so would require some serious skillz (not to mention server load) and I am alas still but a noob when it comes to php and mysql.