• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jules

Ain't no fuckin' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Look, foot massages don't mean shit.

also time frame of this movie?

i'd say 2 / 3 weeks??????????

I dunno. I always assumed less than a week; just a few days. Can't say I ever thought it through though.

That's a good question. It depends on where Marsalis Wallace went on business and how long he was gone. Let's break it down:

Chronologically, the first thing to happen in the movie (outside of Butch's flashback) is Jules and Vincent hitting Brad and his friends. That, the mess in the car, the visit from the Wolf, the stand-off in the diner, and Butch's visit to Marslais all take place during the same day. Am I right in remembering that Vincent's "date" with Mia Wallace is that same night? It is possible that Marsalis really isn't out of town that night, but is attending to the business at Butch's fight. If that's the case, then the whole film could happen over the course of only two days.

Day One:

Hit over at Brad's

Blowing Marvin's head off

Clean-up at Jimmy's house/The Wolf

Stand-off at the diner

Vincent and Mia - Butch's fight

Day Two:

Butch's return to the apartment - kills Vincent

Butch and Marsalis w/Zed and the Gimp

Butch escapes

I seem to remember Mia being with Marsalis at the fight, however. Doesn't she thank Vincent for the date? That would fuck up my chronology here. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?

• 8 months later...

Jules

Ain't no fuckin' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Look, foot massages don't mean shit.

That was always my favorite exchange.

also time frame of this movie?

i'd say 2 / 3 weeks??????????

I dunno. I always assumed less than a week; just a few days. Can't say I ever thought it through though.

That's a good question. It depends on where Marsalis Wallace went on business and how long he was gone. Let's break it down:

Chronologically, the first thing to happen in the movie (outside of Butch's flashback) is Jules and Vincent hitting Brad and his friends. That, the mess in the car, the visit from the Wolf, the stand-off in the diner, and Butch's visit to Marslais all take place during the same day. Am I right in remembering that Vincent's "date" with Mia Wallace is that same night? It is possible that Marsalis really isn't out of town that night, but is attending to the business at Butch's fight. If that's the case, then the whole film could happen over the course of only two days.

Day One:

Hit over at Brad's

Blowing Marvin's head off

Clean-up at Jimmy's house/The Wolf

Stand-off at the diner

Vincent and Mia - Butch's fight

Day Two:

Butch's return to the apartment - kills Vincent

Butch and Marsalis w/Zed and the Gimp

Butch escapes

I seem to remember Mia being with Marsalis at the fight, however. Doesn't she thank Vincent for the date? That would fuck up my chronology here. Anyone else care to take a stab at it?

Alexander, is Marsalis[sic] Wallace one of Marsalis Brothers? Every family gotta have a black sheep. :P

• 4 weeks later...