Now or Never on the Hodges Mosaic

Tom 1960

I initially posted this on the Hodges Running Low Thread, but wasn't certain how many folks here would view this. I thought it might be best to post a new thread to garner more attention.

To those who are interested: BUY THE HODGES NOW!!! I was just on the phone with Mosaic Records and inquired about it's availability. I was hoping I could put off my purchase till April since my wife just purchased the Nelson and Mobley sets a couple weeks ago. According to the gentleman I spoke to, it's availabilty is extremely limited. He stated it may not be around after this weekend. If you've been sitting on the fence on this one, now is the time to make your decision. I placed the order. I felt I couldn't pass on this opportunity. The wife is going to kill me.

The Hodges was always on my list but other sets (including the frequent Selects) seemed to jump ahead of the Hodges set. Of course the "running low" status prompted my order. I've been playing this one for most of the weekend and have to say it has quickly become one of my favorite sets (out of 16 full sets and all 31 of the Selects).

So the postman delivered the Hodges (+ the Boogie Woogie Select) to my doorstep today, and left it there in a pouring rain. Box was sopping wet. Luckily (and I do mean luckily), there was enough bubble wrap inside the box so that the Hodges box was unscathed, with only the cover separating a little from the box. Grrr...

So the postman delivered the Hodges (+ the Boogie Woogie Select) to my doorstep today, and left it there in a pouring rain. Box was sopping wet. Luckily (and I do mean luckily), there was enough bubble wrap inside the box so that the Hodges box was unscathed, with only the cover separating a little from the box. Grrr...

If you email or call Mosaic, they'll send you an empty Hodges box.

I had one package were I ordered a ton of sets and they did the same thing but it was through DHL. Luckily a family member drove by, saw the box on the front steps in heavy rain, and put it on my backsteps. Mosaic has on my printed label "Put on back steps" but I always come home to find it on my front steps. Finally with the Hodges & Prima/Manone I asked if they had a different shipping option, he offered USPS, and this time it was actually on the backsteps.

Thanks for the tip! I called Mosaic, and they were as nice as can be. A new box is on it's way to me. It's supposed to rain here on Friday, so I hope it arrives tomorrow.

Pulled the trigger on the set, although it is the last thing the credit card needs. Now there is the paranoia setting in of is their website accurate? Will the order go through? I hope they still have one for me. I have 50+ discs of The Duke and I love Hodges, but man, I hope this set is unbelievable. This one is taking a bite out of my a$$.

Pulled the trigger on the set, although it is the last thing the credit card needs. Now there is the paranoia setting in of is their website accurate? Will the order go through? I hope they still have one for me. I have 50+ discs of The Duke and I love Hodges, but man, I hope this set is unbelievable. This one is taking a bite out of my a$$.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I've just finished listening to the last disk and its been six disks worth of sax joy.