What radio are you listening to right now?

BillF

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazz Record Requests from BBC Radio 3.

Now playing: Dexter Gordon and Freddie Hubbard, "I'm a Fool to Want You Now" from Clubhouse (Blue Note).

Really enjoyed tonight's programme - especially the Anachronic Jazz Band doing a trad version of "Joy Spring" and the Mulligan track at the end.

Jazz Record Requests from BBC Radio 3.

Now playing: Dexter Gordon and Freddie Hubbard, "I'm a Fool to Want You Now" from Clubhouse (Blue Note).

Really enjoyed tonight's programme - especially the Anachronic Jazz Band doing a trad version of "Joy Spring" and the Mulligan track at the end.

Yes, Anachronic's "dixieland bop" is something else! AndMulligan at the Village Vanguard must be one of my favourite records. Apart from "Blueport", the arrangements of the two ballads, "Come Rain or Shine" and "Body and Soul", and Mulligan's solos on them, are truly marvellous.

Guest Bill Barton

Bright Moments on KBCS 91.3 archived broadcast from Oct. 27. Excellent (now that I've finally figured out how to access the archives).

I've also had trouble getting KBCS archives to work.

Thanks for the feedback James and BillF...

I've forwarded a link to this thread to our PD and Chief Engineer for their info.

:tup

I'm sure in my case it's mostly a matter of me not being all that familiar with navigating the station's web site.

It would be helpful if they'd put a Bright Moments tag in bold lettering at the top of the front page linking directly to a complete archive of the shows though. :w:g

:rofl:

Guest Bill Barton

sadly the last hour of your 11-03-08 edition were not on the archive.

those 2 barton moments hours every week may be the most sensitive creative hours i hear all week, and i hear a lot. this is beautiful.

Thanks for the kind words, aloc! I'll take that as a supreme compliment considering how much radio you listen to!!!!! Between you and BillF I wonder how many hours per week?

I'll pass on your comments to the "powers that be" at KBCS.

I just discovered a free app you can download to your iPhone that allows you to listen to a 100 or so public radio station via the 3G network. So this morning I was listening to a Jazz station from Phoenix and when they went to local news and interviews I switched to KCRW in Santa Monica.

(And I'm in Toronto right now!)

I just discovered a free app you can download to your iPhone that allows you to listen to a 100 or so public radio station via the 3G network. So this morning I was listening to a Jazz station from Phoenix and when they went to local news and interviews I switched to KCRW in Santa Monica.

(And I'm in Toronto right now!)

I think WFIU is on there--probably some other Org posters' member stations there as well.