What radio are you listening to right now?

BillF

WFIU public radio in Bloomington, IN has a pretty good classic jazz show called Night Lights. They also have a lot of archived shows on the blog that I linked in the last sentence. Actually just a few days ago they had a really good show on Miles Davis and The Birth of Cool Songbook.

You guys should definitely check it out!

-Paige

Yes, a firm favorite :tup

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazz Library from BBC Radio 3

Alyn Shipton discusses Lee Morgan's recordings with Morgan biographer Tom Perchard.

Mr. Perchard is an Organissimo poster. :tup

He certainly knew what he was talking about! I shall look out for his posts ... but under what name?

Jazz Library from BBC Radio 3

Alyn Shipton discusses Lee Morgan's recordings with Morgan biographer Tom Perchard.

Mr. Perchard is an Organissimo poster. :tup

He certainly knew what he was talking about! I shall look out for his posts ... but under what name?

umum_cypher. Looks like he hasn't been on the board for the past couple of weeks, but he does drop in from time to time.

Hey Bill, re: Tubby Hayes, did you see the video his big band circa mid-1960s doing "Parisian Thoroughfare" that I posted on the Night Lights Jazz Impressions of Paris program page?