Happy St. Patrick's Day

My Great-Great-Grandfather (James Kelly) was born in Miltown Malbay, County Clare. He married Susan McNamara who lived next door. He had kids and the youngest was James Kelly- who emigrated to Phildelphia in the 1890s. I visited Miltown Malbay in 2000 and found the houses. I have 4th cousins or something like that living in the Miltown Malbay area and relatives buried in the cemetary just outside town.

My Great-Great-Grandfather (James Kelly) was born in Miltown Malbay, County Clare. He married Susan McNamara who lived next door. He had kids and the youngest was James Kelly- who emigrated to Phildelphia in the 1890s. I visited Miltown Malbay in 2000 and found the houses. I have 4th cousins or something like that living in the Miltown Malbay area and relatives buried in the cemetary just outside town.

Miltown Malbay, home of Willie Clancy, the Charlie Parker of the uilleann pipes:

wclogo.jpg

http://www.setdancingnews.net/wcss/wcsst.htm

I was there a couple of years back.

In honor of my paternal grandmother's family (Tannahills and Mahoneys) we have the American traditional meal of corn beef, potatos and cabbage. Twelve pounds of beef cooked today. In following days we'll have sandwiches and a wonderful chowder with corn. :excited:

No scallions?

My wife is Irish - a Kavanagh, her ancestors were impressed into naval service by the British and sent to Newfoundland.

I guess that St. Patrick's Day doesn't mean much to her, though. She forgot to wear green, and this morning I had to drive to the school where she teaches with a green scarf for her to wear.

Guest Bill Barton

When I was young my grandfather always sent me a sprig of shamrock to remind me of my roots.

Make sure you play something by Louis Stewart, Planxty or Van Morrison today.

Or, maybe, Chico O'Farrill!!!!

:excited:

I'm goin' with Mark O'Leary... Just received his Clean Feed CD On the Shore in the mail. That's the one with John O'Fumo, Jeff O'Kaiser & Alex O'Cline :D