MLB 2008

And the winner is ... DUSTIN PEDROIA ... pretty comfortably over Mourneau, with Youkilis third. So that means that the guy who "swings too hard" and looked overmatched when he first reached the majors has won a Rookie of the Year and followed it up with a Silver Slugger, Gold Glove and MVP.

I can only imagine how he's going to mouth off now. :g

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the winner is ... DUSTIN PEDROIA ... pretty comfortably over Mourneau, with Youkilis third. So that means that the guy who "swings too hard" and looked overmatched when he first reached the majors has won a Rookie of the Year and followed it up with a Silver Slugger, Gold Glove and MVP.

I can only imagine how he's going to mouth off now. :g

That is Excellent News , Good for Pedroia !!!!!!

I have to admit when he first came up i did not think he was the right guy to play second.

Even Remy was not impressed with him , its amazing what he has accomplished in 2 years.

Edited by zen archer

Pedroia, who already has won Rookie of the Year, a World Series ring, and MVP in just two full major-league seasons, might not have been a baseball player at all but for an accident.

He was quarterbacking the freshman football team at Woodland High School in California when his ankle was broken by the star linebacker of Elk Grove High, near Sacramento. The linebacker was Lance Briggs, now of the Chicago Bears.

There must be thousands of guys in central California right now bragging about how they played in that game with two big-name pros. Thousands.