Jackie McLean fan? Too good to be true bargain?

mikelz777

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41UhnWZrhOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Complete 1955-1957 Quartet Quintet Sextet Sessions [bOX SET]

This is a 6-CD set currently listed for $18.99 at Amazon as of this writing. (see the link below) It indicates shipping within 1 to 3 weeks but if they actually fulfill the order at this price, it's well worth the wait. Why would this be selling so cheap? I thought I got a good deal when I paid $48.00 for mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-1955-1957-Q...9452&sr=8-2

The cover is a recycling of the "Steve Kuhn Trio" on Contact !

steve kuhn trio

Edited by Michel

I just today received an email noting that Amazon is canceling the order, oh well.

Me too. I wonder what happened.

Me three.

My guess is, if they're still selling it, someone messed up with the pricing and claiming it's out of stock, never to return and creating a new entry in their system for it is easier than selling however many at a loss.

Oh well, just wait six months and it'll probably start showing up at Half Price Books for $20.

I just today received an email noting that Amazon is canceling the order, oh well.

Me too. I wonder what happened.

Me three.

My guess is, if they're still selling it, someone messed up with the pricing and claiming it's out of stock, never to return and creating a new entry in their system for it is easier than selling however many at a loss.

Oh well, just wait six months and it'll probably start showing up at Half Price Books for $20.

Me four. I tried on CD Universe, but they show it on back order since March. I've tried ordering it from Circuit City, of all places. No telling whether I'll get hold of one!

Greg Mo

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any recent luck finding this set at anything near the original under $25 advertised price?

I put in an order at Circuit City-now 2+ weeks with no luck

Amazon, CD Universe, and recently Borders all list at a very high price over $50....

Dusty Groove does not have it on their radar for future purchase- :tdown

Would be nice to have all this material (12 CDs worth) all in one place!

Van Basten:

Did they confirm they could get this set at this price and more importantly that they could actually get it?

Others have advertised the set but can never get it!

I tried to find a phone number for this company but had no luck!

Edited by jazzkrow

Received another email, man they do send a lot of stuff, i almost expect them to send me an email when one of their employees goes to the can...

Anyway, here it goes

Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.

Not exactly great news, especially when they start mentionning the u word...

Stay tuned

Received another email, man they do send a lot of stuff, i almost expect them to send me an email when one of their employees goes to the can...

Anyway, here it goes

Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.

Stay tuned

I got the same e-mail. Crossing my fingers...

Anyway, here it goes

Stay tuned

They sent the same one again...

Anyway, here it goes

Stay tuned

They sent the same one again...

I'm getting them too. They're computer-generated, obviously. I think it's only marginally better than an "order is cancelled" email, but I guess hope springs eternal!

Greg Mo