ION Turntable Help, Please? No sound from PC Speakers after connectin

makpjazz57

Hi All,

I've been struggling to set up my ION turntable. I've plugged in the USB cable to the PC, even changed USB ports a couple of times. Now, no sound out of speakers at all whereas before, I at least had sound for all my other programs. Anybody out there have an idea what I messed up/didn't do?

Thanks,

Marla

Postscript: I actually do hear extremely low sound - mostly drums - and it seems as if the sound is coming from the turntable itself!

Edited by makpjazz57

I did get my speakers to play itunes, etc. I think somehow the sound controls switched to "USB audio code" when the PC recognized the turntable. I switched the sound settings back to the PC sound card. However, still no sound from the turntable.

Thanks!

Marla

I guess the turntable is installed as a USB audio device, like an external sound card. Maybe you need to activate it in the Windows Audio properties

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Multimedia > Audio , then select it as the preferred Recording device

I guess the turntable is installed as a USB audio device, like an external sound card. Maybe you need to activate it in the Windows Audio properties

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Multimedia > Audio , then select it as the preferred Recording device

Thanks, Claude!

I have a kind of workaround, but I'm going to try your suggestion, as it is more desirable. The workaround was to download EZ Vinyl/Tape converter for XP and it somehow controls the sound. It is also a very simple tool for recording my LPs directly to Itunes, but there are no add'l features for more complex fixing of the LPs - scratches, equalizing, etc. That's fine with me; I'm already spending way too much time with my audio and video equipment!

I'll report back and thanks again,

Marla

I use an ION on my Mac and all you need to do to get sound is to load up Audacity, open a new file and hit record. Once it is recording, you can hear it. If you don't want to record while listening, just hit pause first. You should be able to get sound while Audacity is in either "record" or "record pause" mode.