Power Point

I try to keep it down to four. Five is pushing it, IMO, but sometimes it is hard to avoid. Certainly if it is five or more, there should be some way to characterize some of the points as sub-points of others, which helps the viewer understand the organization of the argument and makes the slide less overwhelming.

Also, some people don't like slides that merely summarize what is being said (I am not one of those, I think it helps people focus especially if the material is difficult). So you might want to consider not making bullet-point slides, which tend to fall into this category, and instead make demonstratives that visually illustrate the material.

i agree with what has been said by the other posters here ... more than 4 bullets per slide is overkill.

i would also like to add ... if you do not have that much experience with this kind of presentations it might be a good idea to ask a good friend of yours to serve as a guinea pig and participate in a test run of your presentation ... calculating the presentation time and testing this calculation is very important.

and ... regarding the actual design of your power point slides ... keep it simple ! ... you don't have to use all the colors, every font and all the effects - although i have to admit it's great fun to play around with all this effects. :rsmile: