Dexter Gordon Steeplechase Box

Brad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing from Spinach and the Parrot man, I went ahead and placed the order. For those who are interested (and I hope this doesn't violate any anti-spam rules), you should call Peter Crawford at Stateside Distributors in Chicago and his number is 773-862-8573 or 888-776-0436. ;) B)

My 8 year old son was upset the other day because one of the kids on the bus calls him "Spinach". When I saw Tod's post, I called him over to see that even a my age, I still have to put up with such nonsense.

He didn't think it was funny either.

My 8 year old son was upset the other day because one of the kids on the bus calls him "Spinach". When I saw Tod's post, I called him over to see that even a my age, I still have to put up with such nonsense.

I didn't intend to offend. My apologies to you both!!

Brad, I think you made a good move. Some of us who already own all the Steeplechase material are hesitating a bit, though. Apparently the 28 previously unissued tracks are multiple alternates (alternates of the alternates that were released as bonus tracks when the Steeplechase albums came out on CD). I kind of wish I could have bought JUST the previously unissued material, but I know it doesn't always work that way. B) I'll want to get this eventually, but I'm hesitating to pay full retail for so much of what I already have...

Do you prefer Swillnich? Try spelling my name backwards. I don't know how many times I was called Selrahc Assen. Get used to it!

Swillnich? :wacko: Yikes! What ya tryin to do to me there Selrahc, er Chuck. Don't give anyone any more (bad) ideas.

My 8 year old son was upset the other day because one of the kids on the bus calls him "Spinach".  When I saw Tod's post, I called him over to see that even a my age, I still have to put up with such nonsense. 

I didn't intend to offend. My apologies to you both!!

I was just trying to show the young lad that things like this happen throughout one's life and you kind of just have to put up with it.

You don't want to hear how he referred to people who call names though. :eek:

No offense taken.

This is a little bit late in this debate but when I was a kid people would call me Bread and I didn't like it then but if someone kids me now, I just shrug it off. Actually, they call me worse things. Anyway, from my end no insult intended.

It turned out that I have the Apartment and I never got around to listening to it so I listened to it today. Excellent. Really looking forward to the box.

Actually he said that he had just returned from the airport and picked up his shipment....From Denmark!

Ah... Just as I was about to post something about a ship missing somewhere off Newfoundland after meeting with an iceberg...

Edited by J.A.W.