Keanu Reeves - Secret Organissimo member?

ejp626

So the Chicago free paper had this interview with Keanu Reeves, and I came across his musings on music, many of which have been expressed right here. So come on in, Keanu, you'd be right at home...

Q: You've played in bands. Where are your musical tastes these days?

A: You know what, man? I'm kind of just going backwards. I just got a new hi-fi system in my house, and I've been listening to Kind of Blue, Miles Davis, on that. Some Joe Strummer . . . I don't know. What do I have that's new music? The new Radiohead? I can't hip you to anything.

Q: Sounds like you prefer listening to it the old-fashioned way, too.

A: It's like, to hear the music uncompressed and open, I recommend it. Get an amplifier, get some speakers. . . .

Q: Not an iPod man?

A: No, they're great. But not to listen to music. I mean, you can hear your music on them, but not listen to it. There's a difference between hearing your music and listening to it.

We shouldn't keep going to that lesser and lesser experience. We should be opening it up more.

Q: Things appear to be heading the other way.

A: But as it's getting compact, it's becoming more variegated. So maybe there's something to that.

Q: Do you contemplate questions like that or do these realizations just pop off the top of your head?

A: Both, I guess. Thank you. That's kind.

There's something about Keanu I kind of dig. It may be that blank slate thing -- you end up filling in the gaps (in his acting) with whatever you want to see. He's shallow and complex, but mostly he seems pretty mellow and doesn't let things get to him too much. Whoa -- don't want to go too deep.

About actors loving music, I saw an interview with Matt Dillon, he carried a bunch of vinyls he just bought somewhere in Rome. He said that digging in the shelves of old records stores around the world was one of the joy of travelling. Nice guy.

Probably trying to score those elusive Sun Ra albums on Horo.

About actors loving music, I saw an interview with Matt Dillon, he carried a bunch of vinyls he just bought somewhere in Rome. He said that digging in the shelves of old records stores around the world was one of the joy of travelling. Nice guy.

Probably trying to score those elusive Sun Ra albums on Horo.

Unsuccessfully I think. I've got few Horos and they aren't such easy to find even for a roman rat like me.