Sports: 2008 NBA Playoffs

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will.

No doubt but today's outcome was pretty unexpected. ;)

My worse nightmare would be a final of Iverson vs. the Celtics. Hopefully the Lakers will continue to make sure the first part of that equation does not happen.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

I'm a homer, but that was a great win for the Spurs yesterday in double-OT. They need to come out and play hard in Game 2 though, and if they can pull out a win, I think they take the series in maybe 5. If the Suns win, I think it goes to 7.

Finley had a great 3 pointer to send the game into OT, and then Duncan made his first 3 pointer of the season to send it to 2OT.

Then Popovich made a great decision. The Suns were out of timeouts at the end, and after making the tying free throws, Popovich didn't call timeout. This meant the Suns couldn't bring Shaq back into the game to defend the basket, and Ginobili took the ball to the hoop for the game winning shot.

b3c0431ae07be425a3a0e8a197583708-getty-80358526jm002_suns_spurs.jpg

Edited by Aggie87

^ I was busy most of the day but caught the 4th quarter and the two overtimes. One of the best playoff games of all time.

I am rooting for the Suns (since my team missed the cut by a game), it will be interesting if they have the mental toughness to overcome such a heartbreaking loss.

They did everything right except for the last three possessions in the 4th quarter where they couldn't score, letting Duncan take the open 3 at the end of the first overtime was exactly what they wanted. Props to TiMVP for making his first 3 of the year.

I think whomever comes out of this series will take the west.

Edited by WorldB3

If Dallas or Denver isn't going to win a game which they won't you should let my Warriors in. OK.

I am not giving up on the Suns yet but man its got to be tough to lose to the Spurs again after you altered your roster to beat them.

Hey, that's how the Mavs lost to the Warriors last April. What is it with teams that do this? I'll never understand.

Yeah, it's a bummer that the W's didn't get in; they certainly deserved it more than the Mavs, not to mention over half the playoff teams in the East. THAT'S got to be frustrating!

Did you see J.R. Smith talking trash to Kobe, when Kobe already had 46? Kobe immediately took him to the rack, +1. Don't speak, young pup. Phil took Kobe out of the game shortly thereafter, must have been out of pity.

I don't know if they were unmotivated or what. I still think the Pistons will win the series but after watching that game you have to wonder if the window for Detroit is closing. Rasheed and McDyess looked older than 33 years old tonight. Your not going to win many games when your starting 4 & 5 combine for 4 points and 8 rebounds.