Sports: 2008 NBA Playoffs

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang.... Mavs didn't waste any time firing Avery.

D'Antoni's reportedly out in Phoenix as well.

I think they'll both land on their feet elsewhere though.

Both stupid firings, imo. Two great coaches who didn't have the personnel to win.

Dang.... Mavs didn't waste any time firing Avery.

D'Antoni's reportedly out in Phoenix as well.

I think they'll both land on their feet elsewhere though.

Both stupid firings, imo. Two great coaches who didn't have the personnel to win.

Amen! Avery deserved better than the gutless schmucks who quit on him AGAIN.

It's not Avery's fault Kidd's got nothing left in the tank and couldn't match Chris Paul. Devin Harris would have been a better match. The Mavs were playing a superior team.

Reportedly D'Antoni is keeping his job.

Hornets-Spurs game is currently being delayed. Between quarters, the Hornets' mascot jumped through a ring of fire during his dunk, and they coudn't get the fire extinguished, so they sprayed fire extinguishers all over the court, and now they can't get that stuff off the court.

Sheesh - hope nobody gets seriously hurt by slipping on that.

Last time I went to an NBA game was opening night against the Celtics at the Cleveland Coliseum back in '74.

Buddy calls yesterday with front row center court balcony seats at the Garden.

Lebron scores 12 and misses a friggin' textbook-watch-Wilt-fer-gosh-sakes finger-roll lay with 20 seconds of what was just a trainwreck of a game. At least the cheerleaders and the guys behind the crushing sonic antics of the NBA experience came to play.

Nike needs to rethink them lead insoles.

Nathans with kraut was good.

;)

Is it just me or have the playoffs been a huge let down, especially in the West. It was nice to see 76ers and the Hawks give the Celtics and the Pistons a scare but aside from the inspired play by Chris Paul its been dullsville. The 5-8 seeds went out in the West without a fight. Can we still have the Warriors in.

And how can a team with LeBron be so damn boring to watch? Wake me up when we get to the real finals with Kobe CP3 in the West finals.

They think he might be ready by Saturday, but it's not for sure yet. I think Stuckey did a good job in his absence. If Detroit hadn't gotten down by 18 in the first quarter, they could've won this game without Billups. I'm not worried about the Magic, even if Billups can't play for the rest of the series. But they need him for the ECF and the Finals.

The Mavs season is officially over. What's really sad about this last game is that they FINALLY showed some guts in the last three minutes of the game. A win was still in reach until Stackhouse had to commit that stupid technical which got his stupid loud-mouthed ass ejected.

Any trade value Stack had vaporized with that foul tonight. Gonna be an interesting off-season.

Stack has always had a mouth problem. Funny he can't get a ring. :bwallace2:

Brown should've waited... he could've been hired to a franchise with a more immediate future than Charlotte.

Fast forward - - - Brown leaves Charlotte 3 years early, effectively robbing them of 3 years salary, how much does it compute to this time!! :excited:

I hope Flash ain't hooking up with Star Jones

She's ain't nba wife material

Imo

The way Chuck is teasing him, there must be something to it. Flash is still young and does not know what to do when a cougar gets his scent. He probably thinks he is macking. <_<

Edited by BruceW

Spurs are blowing out the Hornets tonight, and are about to even the series at 2-2. Duncan is healthier now than he was in the first two games, and they're clicking right now.

Will be interesting to see how the Hornets respond in Game 5 on their court.

Mike Brown is not getting fired any time soon, and why should he? He wasn't the one that got hoodwinked by Carlos Boozer, or that thought guys like Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, were the answer. Cavs missed a lot of player-games to holdouts and injuries, and made a blockbuster trade that did not cost them either of their valuable, potentially available, young players (Gibson, Varajao). Joe Smith has been a pleasant surprise (not missing Drew Gooden who for a long time I felt had a chance to be an excellent power forward). Wally and Ben are old, but they contribute as much as Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall. And Delonte West has a chance to be an effective point guard (we shall see). Brown does need an offensive ass't coach real bad, but one could do a lot worse. Q: Is Doc Rivers still a coaching genius?

Pistons fans have to be feeling pretty good right now. Even if Boston survives Cleveland, Detroit has got to like their chances against the Celtics' not so big 3.

Jeff Van Gundy is a brutal tv commentator--we are seriously into Bill Walton territory here (who I find to be rather amusing in a sick way). Give me Hubie, or Fratello, or Mark Jackson. Send JVG off to be the towelboy in Orlando, please...