Top Posters In This Topic

shit

anyone seen LBJ's teammates?

he coulda used them today..........

i had the cavs plus 5.5 pts

i'm a lucky SOB

PS

pierce was straight balling today

LBJ'S best teammates are Gibson and Varejo. Varejo had his hands full with the Celtics coverage and Gibson is out for the rest of the playoffs. So LBJ is slightly handicapped don't you think. If Gibson were in the lineup, I don't know if the Celtics could have held on. They are showing a definite weakness in the playoffs (can't win on the road).

:bwallace2:

that would be funny

celts win every game 7 and lose every road game

final record would be 16-12 in the post season

KG's baseline jumper is sweet

Yeah, that would be funny but you can bet from now on, somebody is going to win on the road, forcing Boston to start winning also on the road in order to stay alive.

The search and rescue team finally located Paul Pierce. They can now redouble their efforts on Ray Allen.

With Gibson out, Cavs needed a solid game from another outside shooter. Wally Szczerbiak, Sasha Pavlovic, and Damon Jones did not deliver. With essentially no help, LeBron had the Cavs down 1 with 2:20 to go. Could have really used Carlos Boozer...

And how about some of those wild bounces off the rim that fell through for Celts? Red Auerbach was definitely helping out.

If Pistons are alert and paying attention (not coasting), I think they will take Boston in 5 or 6, even with more games in Boston.

I'm breathing a sigh of relief after Game 7 tonight. That was a great Spurs/Hornets series, and the Hornets core of Paul, West, & Chandler should set them up for good things to come.

Spurs played their game efficiently tonight, and didn't lose the 3rd quarter as they had in all of the previous games at New Orleans. Udoka, Horry, and Finley all played well off the bench too, though I'd almost prefer to see Ginobili back off the bench instead of starting.

One thing that doesn't seem quite fair is that the winner of this game has to turn around and play at LA the day after tomorrow. Seems like they could have waited until Thursday night to start this series.

It should be another epic battle, Agg. The Spurs are still the team to beat. My Lakers have a ridiculous offense, but they only defend about a third of the time.

I felt bad for Chris Paul, he's quickly risen to the top of the point guard ranks--but that oft-overlooked French kid on the Spurs is no slouch (and he stuck a few daggers in Paul's Hornets tonight). ;)

Spurs played their game efficiently tonight, and didn't lose the 3rd quarter as they had in all

One thing that doesn't seem quite fair is that the winner of this game has to turn around and play at LA the day after tomorrow. Seems like they could have waited until Thursday night to start this series.

That is why it is always advisable to win in 5 or 6. Go to game 7, pay the price period.

I'm breathing a sigh of relief after Game 7 tonight. That was a great Spurs/Hornets series, and the Hornets core of Paul, West, & Chandler should set them up for good things to come.

Spurs played their game efficiently tonight, and didn't lose the 3rd quarter as they had in all of the previous games at New Orleans. Udoka, Horry, and Finley all played well off the bench too, though I'd almost prefer to see Ginobili back off the bench instead of starting.

in my books

Spurs should be playing game # 1 in LA @ 6:00 AM Today

in my books

Spurs should be playing game # 1 in LA @ 6:00 AM Today

:g

And yes Bruce, I agree with you to an extent. In a perfect world my team would have swept the Hornets and would have been waiting for the Lakers to tough out a 7 game series against the Jazz. I know that's not how it works though. But I do think the Spurs played a tougher opponent in the Hornets than the Lakers did with the Jazz.

The people who set the schedule didn't set this particular game up until a few days ago though. What's one more day? Is one day (a travel day from an away game to another away game, AND a preparation day all rolled into one) enough between games for any team?

edit - The spacing between games is odd anyway. The Spurs Hornets played Game 6 last Thursday, then for some reason had 3 days off until Game 7. Why didn't the NBA let them play on Sunday instead, and then have Game 1 of the Spurs/Lakers on Wednesday?

Edited by Aggie87

Spurs slept on grounded plane

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- The San Antonio Spurs' departure from New Orleans after winning Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals was delayed several hours after their plane had mechanical problems, the team said Tuesday.

The team could not find hotel rooms in the city, so the players had to sleep on the plane, team spokesman Cliff Puchalski said.

"We slept on the plane -- as much as you can sleep," Puchalski said. "We tried to keep some normal semblance of order."

The Spurs eliminated the Hornets 91-82 in Game 7 Monday night, then went straight to Los Angeles, where they play the Lakers in Game 1 of the conference finals on Wednesday.

Puchalski said the team slept on the plane with the mechanical problems before boarding another plane that was brought in from Minneapolis. The team took off about 6:30 a.m. Central time, Puchalski said, and landed in Los Angeles about four hours later.

The team was not practicing Tuesday.