Paging All Lakers Fans

The season starts up at the end of the month.

Should be goin' for number 5, but the fix was in last year. i can deal with it...

I'm not sure how long the dream team will stay together this year.

DA DADDY IS READY AND HUNGRY!

I don't like the mailman, he ain't never delivered nuthin'.

Also it is against the law to impersonate a mailman.

Arrest this man, before he can put on a purple/gold jersey....

Maybe mutombo might play in la?

Garnett's new contract is phat.

The guy has more money than anyone, 10 years over 300 mil....... DAMNNNNN!!!

ss1

ticketmaster.com is sellin' the tickets.

Edited by Soulstation1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my doubts about the Lakers this year. With the circus that is surrounding the team with Kobe; plus, Payton and Kobe on the court at the same time!! Then add to that mix Malone? :o Think of it, on the court together, Payton, Kobe, Malone, Horry, and Shaq -- Yikes, that will be a major problem. Shaq and Malone cannot create their own shots, so they have to have someone pass them the ball, and whose going to do that? I can see Payton being completely useless when on the floor with Kobe; they'll be trying to top each other. And where is the speed? I just don't think this team is going to jell at all this year.

I agree it will be painful to see Karl in a Lakers' uni. I've hated him for years--always considered him a dirty player. However, The Mailman can shoot the ball from 20 feet, something the Lakers have been needing for some time. On paper Malone looks like a nice fit, but will he be able to adjust to playing off someone other than Stockton? I think Kobe, Shaq, and GP will inevitably spread the floor and Karl will be looking at open shots all year.

I've always loved The Glove's game, he's KILLED the Lakers for years. Kobe and GP will make one of the most formidable backcourts in history.

I agree, Shaq has sounded hungry all off-season. Look out league, the Lakeshow is going to be tough to stop!

I wouldn't want Mutombo on the team--no game whatsoever, just a shot blocker that is getting too old and slow to block shots. Then again, it wouldn't take much to make an improvement over Samaki Walker.

Speaking of old, I can't believe Horace is back on the squad...

Garnett is a great player, not suprised to see him get so much dough.

I'm not much of a Laker's fan anymore, though I loved the Lakers when I was a kid growing up in L.A.. The Lakers, for me, lost their magic when Magic stopped playing and when Phil became coach. I agree that this year will be a test of the Lakers' professionalism.

I've been a Pistons fan since the Bad Boys, but one thing I can say that should appeal to all true NBA fans everywhere is that it's sure great to have pro hoops on tv again (though Laimbeer's Shock did a great job of keeping me from jonesing too much this offseason).

Go Pistons! :bwallace::bwallace::bwallace:

And I hope that the Lakers can continue to excell.:tup Their fickle fans depend on it ;)

Although it was just a pre-season game, the Pistons lost against King James and the Cavs tonight. The Cavs looked confident and played very well. Detroit looked like the didn't quite have things together yet.

I have to say that I'm very wary of Larry Brown. We'll see what happens this year but I wasn't too impressed by their first game.

I have to say that I'm very wary of Larry Brown. We'll see what happens this year but I wasn't too impressed by their first game.

Me too (about Larry Brown) and me neither (about their first game). But, as you said, it was just a pre-season game...

anyone see shaqzilla on mtv cribs last night?

da daddy was on the entire show with his 64,000 sq ft crib in florida.

da daddy's wife is fine.

his crib is unfreakinbelievable, a 15' X 30' bed and his "whips" are dope.

i liked when shaq put on his dreadlocks for his dowlow disguise, but said it never worked.

also when he broke out with his handcuffs when he said its time to go to the masterbedroom.

i guess all his hard word has paid off for da daddy.

anyone ever been to "shaq" - apuelko(sp?)?

ss1

da daddy is ready to kick sum azz this year

• 2 weeks later...

oneal_200_020104.jpg

i dare anyone to block this dunk

lakers v queens tonite.

the glove is ready to play, they should mic him up for the whole year.

the defense should be strong this year

what about the mailman @ 260 lbs and the daddy @ 330/340, that some beef for banging and getting some boards.

coach riley is steppin' down as heat coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1645777

Edited by Soulstation1

shaq v kobe again, what's new?

as much as i am a daddy fan, he is talking out of his ass.

he wasn't ready to go last year and brought the team down, because he waited so long to get his toe fixxed.

he said he was hurt on company time and he's gonna rehab it on company time.

those guys are spoiled ass brats.

just play some ball and stop the bitching and moaning.

saturday the champs are playin' in phoenix.

the team might not be the same team at the end of the year.

ss1

Edited by Soulstation1

shaq v kobe again, what's new?

as much as i am a daddy fan, he is talking out of his ass.

he wasn't ready to go last year and brought the team down, because he waited so long to get his toe fixxed.

he said he was hurt on company team and he's gonna rehab it on company time.

those guys are spoiled ass brats.

just play some ball and stop the bitching and moaning.

saturday the champs are playin' in phoenix.

the team might not be the same team at the end of the year.

ss1

Put up and shut up. Spoiled brats is exactly right.

However, IMO Kobe should shut up first, with all the baggage he's brought to the table this year. The balls of him to make a fuss when he's already put added pressure on the team with his personal problems. :rmad:

this one bugs me

Asked to clarify his "my team" remark, O'Neal added: "Everybody knows that. You guys may give it to [bryant] like you've given him everything else his whole lifetime, but this is the Diesel's ship. So ... if you ain't right [physically], don't be trying to go out there and get right on our expense. Use the people out there, then when you get right you [can] do what you do."

Tomorrow night, Lakers vs. Mavs.! YES! :tup A great outcome of the baseball season lasting so long: you don't have to pay any attention to football.

Shaq vs. Kobe. My take, and it might sound unbelievable to some, but I think Shaq is flat out disgusted with Kobe and his behavior. Shaq has pretty much stayed out of off-court trouble thoughout his career. Here comes Kobe, not only is he the "media darling", but then Kobe does his "stuff" to this woman, and everyone acts like Kobe's a hero! What's Shaq to think about that? So Shaq is letting Kobe that everything is not "cool" with him, and don't be expecting any "understanding & support" to be coming from Shaq corner of the locker room.