Charlie Christian Box Set - CD's ruined

vibes

After hearing a few song samples from this set, I went and bought it today. My excitement quickly went away upon finding that all four CD's in the set were ruined. For those of you who haven't seen the packaging, the CD's are inserted into four slots in a foam block, which is some of the worst CD packaging I've ever seen. Apparently some liquid in the foam seeped out and stuck to the CD's. Has this happened to anyone else? :angry:

I have to say it - why not just take the CDs out when you get them and put them in thin-line or regular jewel cases on your shelf? (Obviously that wouldn't help with vibes problem, but I've found it's a great way to lower your blood pressure in the years after purchase).

my solution was to remove the black foam rubber from the bottom part of the package, it came out quite easily leaving a very small amount of the foam on one side of the box which i covered with scotch tape. i still had two of the old two cd jewel boxes for the four cds and they and the booklet fit perfectly.

my solution was to remove the black foam rubber from the bottom part of the package, it came out quite easily leaving a very small amount of the foam on one side of the box which i covered with scotch tape. i still had two of the old two cd jewel boxes for the four cds and they and the booklet fit perfectly.

now that is a good idea!!!! :)

Went back to the store, and after opening up a couple more boxes, finally found one where the CD's didn't have that sticky film on them. ;) I am definitely going to put these in jewel cases the second I get home.

Put the first CD on in the car and loved it! I'm very excited to hear the rest of the box. :tup

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did the same thing-- though I had some trouble getting rid of the interior box.