Best track you heard all week

jazzbo

From the album Tim Hardin 3: Live in Concert

Stunning singing. Sad he left us too soon. Him and Hank, both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utyyDLIyNS0&list=FLl_-tD2va_T6TPkdzAyZzIg&index=1

Studio version, from Tim Hardin II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAkcybHs6dc&feature=autoplay&list=FLl_-tD2va_T6TPkdzAyZzIg&playnext=1

I love this record. (Though the band gets up so much steam on some songs they almost blow by him.)

Edited by medjuck

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This week I was tempted to jump back into the Europe '72 box set again but decided to listen to a series of discs compiled for me about five years ago by Dr. Orchid of great Pigpen performances and today I've been concentrating on versions of "Easy Wind." Just love that song and it inspired some great stretching out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not just a track, but a whole friggin' album: McCoy Tyner NIGHTS OF BALLADS AND BLUES. Certaintly not his most essential recordings, and nowhere near as intense as his later solo work and his work with Trane. But as the jazz equivalent of comfort food, it simply can't be beat!

This week a non jazz track, from Pink Floyd's "Animals" the track "Pigs(Three Different Ones)". Listening to this album was like revisiting a long last friend. I kind of forgot just how much I enjoyed this album. Very underrated, IMO. It's a shame classic rock radio, doesn't play this more often.

• 2 weeks later...