• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JSngry said:

And yes that is Milt Jackson, right?

Did not know this album, soon to be remedied.

Yes, it's Milt Jackson.

The backing is very '90-ish but the vocals are just majestic. I hadn't heard it until yesterday and thought it was a great album. They mess with the arrangements making the most hackneyed standards into something special.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, kinuta said:

The backing is very '90-ish but the vocals are just majestic. I hadn't heard it until yesterday and thought it was a great album. They mess with the arrangements making the most hackneyed standards into something special.

Listening to this album now...pretty radical, defiant music in the approach they take to the songs, revising the melodies and changes to fit their ethos. When everybody else was/is making "Great American songbook" retro-crap albums, the Temptations take the same type songs and make a Temptations album, period. As for the production, like him or not, Richard Perry is a master of doing what he does.

It's definitely a "For Lovers" record, but lord, nobody makes "for lovers" records like this anymore, nobody wants to have the patience for love, if you know what I mean. Everybody wants to just straight to the sweat and the bang and then call all that drama "love". This is music for people who know what "take your time" really means. Y'all are still out there, aren't you?

Special indeed!

All vocal arrangements by The Temptations.

Ok, I'm a sucker for this song damn near every time, melody, harmony, lyrics, but this is basically a magnificently enveloping transcendence of earthy bounds. Temptations doing it, layers upon layers, no matter where you listen, there is something going on, top, bottom, middle, everywhere. Hell yeah, Richard Perry and OH heel yeah, Temptations.

Gracias MUCH beaucoup to kinuta for spotlighting this record. Count me in, dude!

• 3 weeks later...