Best track you heard all week

jazzbo

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Walking Stick by Louis Armstrong with the Mills Brothers 1938......this track is a hoot .

Without my walking stick i'd go insane

can't look my best i'd feel undressed without my cane

Must have my walking stick cause it may rain

and when it pours can't be outdoors without my cane.

If you like that one, you'll probably like the Golden Gate Quartet's version from a year later.

Don Wilkerson--Cookin' With Clarence from Shoutin'! session on the Complete Blue Note Conn.

I was caught listening to this at a party when friends came back from a cigarette break with my headphones on, my eyes shut, and my head bobbing. Someone needed to ask if I was ok. I said, I'm great!

Don Wilkerson--Cookin' With Clarence from Shoutin'! session on the Complete Blue Note Conn.

I was caught listening to this at a party when friends came back from a cigarette break with my headphones on, my eyes shut, and my head bobbing. Someone needed to ask if I was ok. I said, I'm great!

Yes indeed!

You know you've got too many records when you can only get albums like this one out once in a twelvemonth. Must play it soon.

MG

"Concierto De Aranjuez" by Jim Hall from the album "Concierto". Chet Baker's playing here I can only describe as haunting. Paul Desmond whom I've never been a huge fan of, is absolutely perfect here. Played this ALOT this past week.

:tup A favorite of mine too. I like it better than Miles' version.