jazzbo

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Dr. Feelgood (Demo) - Aretha Franklin - Rare & Unreleased Recordings from the Golden Reign of the Queen of Soul.

What a force of nature she was and a damn fine piano player to boot. It seriously doesn't get any better.

on the Jazz side I have been revisiting Donny McCaslin's In Pursuit and enjoying the heck out of it. The track Madonna has been getting multiple plays this week.

Four tracks actually, all by the Fletcher Henderson orchestra.

The version of JR Morton's "(New) King Porter stomp" recorded on 9 Dec 1932;

The versions of "King Porter stomp" and Coleman Hawkins' "Queer notions" recorded on 18 Aug 1933; and

The version of "Queer notions" recorded on 22 Sep 1933.

MG

• 2 weeks later...

The Black Saint/Soul Note drop on emusic has been such a blessing. I had no idea how much great music was on those labels.

Ditto re: Black Saint. Been exploring all those releases thanks to eMusic. Etudes is excellent as well!

Yeah, a treasure trove of great music. I barely scratched the surface with these labels and preactically everything I've heard so far has been top-notch.

Well, it's gottta be Prez this week - listening for the first time to the complete Lester Young Keynotes there were several tracks that bloo me away entirely. Don't know which take of the first two, because I was walking around Cardiff at the time, but

Sometimes I'm happy

After theatre jump

Lester leaps again

all got to me quite severely.

MG

Well, it's gottta be Prez this week - listening for the first time to the complete Lester Young Keynotes there were several tracks that bloo me away entirely. Don't know which take of the first two, because I was walking around Cardiff at the time, but

Sometimes I'm happy

After theatre jump

Lester leaps again

all got to me quite severely.

MG

Wonderful tracks! (I've had them on vinyl since the 60s.)