(RIP) Clark Terry's health

flat5

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is in KU Medical Center with a serious heart condition since Monday.

He is said to be in good spirits.

Trumpeter Clark Terry, who missed a concert Sunday with the Kansas City Youth Jazz Band, was in serious condition Monday in KU Medical Center’s cardiac intensive care unit.

Terry, 87, entered the hospital Friday evening. On Monday, a few of his Kansas City friends were at his bedside. Terry was smiling and joking.

“His spirits were up,” said Kansas City jazz singer Angela Hagenbach

More:

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/mu...ory/606981.html

Edited by Cyril

Lois posted a message on his site

We just wanted to update you on Clark's condition. As many of you know, on May 2, Clark was hospitalized with 96 percent heart blockage. Well, thankfully, the doctors got to him on time (you know Clark's timing is perfect anyway), and the blockage has been removed, and now Clark is teaching circular breathing to the doctors and nurses!

I had a chance to talk to him on Monday, and he sounded wonderful. Your well wishes and prayers are extremely important to him. It might be a little difficult for him to get to email for awhile (and we'll be adding a blog to his site shortly), but in the meantime, please feel free to post your "healing thoughts" at Get Well Wishes For Clark Terry.

Thank you for all your positive energy and thoughts for one of our greatest treasures.

Keep on keepin' on, Clark

Terry, 87, entered the hospital Friday evening. On Monday, a few of his Kansas City friends were at his bedside. Terry was smiling and joking.

“His spirits were up,” said Kansas City jazz singer Angela Hagenbach

If there's anyone I'd want to see at my bedside, it would be Angela. :wub:

Best wishes to Clark. I can't imagine a world without him.

it was reported yesterday on another jazz website that Clark is out of ICU and into a private room. obviously he's making good progress, thank goodness. :tup

Good news indeed! Let's hope the progress continues.

MG

Agreed! Hope things continue to go well for him.

it was reported yesterday on another jazz website that Clark is out of ICU and into a private room. obviously he's making good progress, thank goodness. :tup

Good news indeed! Let's hope the progress continues.

MG

Agreed! Hope things continue to go well for him.

The happiest trumpeter in the business. I don't think I've ever heard a single solo by him that didn't make me smile. Hang in there, CT!

Greg Mo

Saw this thread and feared bad news but sounds like great progress is being made. CT is a true survivor - best wishes for speedy recovery for him. :tup

It's amazing what can be done with hearts surgically these days.

just fyi, he did not go under the knife, as far as i've heard.

• 4 weeks later...

Was just heading to bed when I heard three or four Clark Terry-featured songs in a row on the radio.

...you know what I'm thinking, of course...

So I had to log on, just to make sure.

I've crossed paths with Clark Terry many, many times over the years. He's a prince. A gem.

And now, to sleep.

• 3 years later...