My dad passed away today...

Wow, just came upon this thread. Sad to hear the news. Your father (and mother) were too young to go. Well, maybe that's not the right way to look at it. We go when we go; but still....

Stay strong and recognize you have a good family and stable of friends. Damnit though, that news sucks. Oh well. :(

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I should share a thought or two about my father-in-law. He was an amazing man and I clearly remember the first day I met him. At that time he was still in a state of recovery after Jim's mom's death. Within the last 7 years he proved himself as an exceptionally attentive man to his entire family and friends. He always gave advice, and the kind one wants to get. I was so blessed to have him in my life and in Zora's life. I am very saddened that she won't even remember how much she loved him and their time together.

Jim and his dad are very similar. Beyond their musical interests and physical attributes, they both have a kindness and selflessness that I rarely see (to that extent) in others. I will miss him terribly. I understand the days, months, and years will be rough...to say the least. No one can prepare themselves for this loss. I pray Jim will be able to find comfort in his family and friends.

Thank you all for the kind words. This community means so much to Jim and will help him get through this time.

Alison

I just got back from visiting my folks 2000 miles away. Mom has had Alzheimer's for years but this was the first time I sensed my Dad's mortality and recognized that you just never know...

I'm truly sorry for your & your family's loss and my deepest sympathies.