My dad passed away today...

Today would've been my dad's 68th birthday.

I'll have a glass of scotch and toast your dad's birthday and memory tonight.. One very cold winter night I stayed at his place on a trip back from either Baker's or Cliff Bells and when I went to my room there was a lovely bottle of scotch and a scotch glass and a bottled water waiting for me on the night stand. Your dad was the quintessential host and a great hang.. I sure miss him.

beautiful memory!

What conn said. I never met the man, and your memory makes me miss him as well.

Jim's dad was an old soul. He had deep insights and many interesting observations and theories on life and our relationship to the Universe and always fascinating to talk to on many subjects, and he had a great collection of hats. I liked him right away and knew he was one of those special people the first time I met him at that jam I had with Jim and Joe at the old house on Okemos Road back in November 2000 that resulted in my becoming the drummer in this trio.. I will be taking advantage of the snow days to read his entire writings on his site "The Pilgrim Traveler"..

Here now is my toast to your dad,,, " Happy Birthday Brother Jim and thank you for all your love, humor, support, insights, and for the encouragement and inspiration you gave to all those you loved".

Edited by randissimo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quote from the Pilgrim Traveler..

http://myblog.thepilgrimtraveler.com/

"Most people, not spending a great deal of thought and energy on the more esoteric matters of life, tend to ignore these erudite speculations. This is why I think these ideas don’t have much effect on the world in general. Scientists, who speak to each other in the language of mathematics, do not relate very well to those who don’t. And we, the common people, do not relate very well to them either. They make pronouncements about reality as they observe it; however, we don’t see it that way. We see a tree and as far as we are concerned it is simply a tree: if we hit it with our fist or run into it with our car we are going to hurt ourselves. That science considers it only waves and spaces means nothing to us. It’s a tree."

• 5 months later...