Oscar Peterson Verve Trio Mosaic set on the horizon

Just a note to get the discussion going on a forthcoming Mosaic set with all the Oscar Peterson Verve Trio's with Herb Ellis. Sceduled for later this year. Will post more details when they are mailed to me by MC.

Correction: It's 1951 to '53. All the sessions with Barney Kessel before Herb Ellis joined!

Edited by Bluerein

Yes, with Kessel it could be interesting enough... don't have much of the trio with Ellis (or the later one with Thigpen) and don't feel like buying much more than I have... but with Kessel - any idea how big that set would be? The bigger, the less likely I'll buy, I guess.

Just a note to get the discussion going on a forthcoming Mosaic set with all the Oscar Peterson Verve Trio's with Herb Ellis. Sceduled for later this year. Will post more details when they are mailed to me by MC.

Correction: It's 1951 to '53. All the sessions with Barney Kessel before Herb Ellis joined!

Great news!!!

If they can make a Peterson Mosaic, why can't we at the very least get a Three Sounds Select or even a little itty bitty CD? :(

Because OP was a worldwide star for 50 years while the Three Sounds 'just' helped keep Blue Note afloat?