Favorite Philip K. Dick novel?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, that's a great novel. If you can find it, I recommend "The Man Whose Teeth were All Exactly Alike." It is my other favorite mainstream novel from Phil.

What luck...a hardcover edition of this book was just released this week! I'll add it to my wish list. Thanks jazzbo! :tup

• 2 months later...

I've decided that as I read through PKD's body of work, I'm going to do so in chronological order. Probably won't read every single novel (at least not yet), but the ones I do read, I'm going to try and read them in the order he wrote them.

I finished "The Man in the High Castle" a few weeks back and that one was a mind-blower. Just started "Martian Time Slip" today.

• 1 month later...

Good old Jack Isidore.

He's sort of (to my mind) a re-working of the narrator of "Confessions of a Crap-Artist" (the only mainstream novel PKD published in his lifetime). And this Jack Isidore IS a recurring character. . . in the (three?) estate-authorized novels K. W. Jeter (a friend of Dick's) wrote using the Blade Runner material (as opposed to the "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" material).

Good old Jack Isidore.

He's sort of (to my mind) a re-working of the narrator of "Confessions of a Crap-Artist" (the only mainstream novel PKD published in his lifetime). And this Jack Isidore IS a recurring character. . . in the (three?) estate-authorized novels K. W. Jeter (a friend of Dick's) wrote using the Blade Runner material (as opposed to the "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" material).

• 2 months later...

The Simulacra is a good one. They're almost all good in my estimation.

If you want a sequel to Sheep. . . the closest thing is the Bladerunner sequels by Jeters. Not the same thing at all, much more brutal and noir and in their way absurd, sequels to the movie not the novel, and Jeter is no Dick. But they're fun to read.

I got the Ubik screenplay when it was put out last year. . . but I haven't read it yet. Need to correct that soon.

Turns out that there are two volumes in print of a "Do Androids Believe in Electric Sheep" graphic novel.

And. . . a movie is planned of "Flow My Tears the Policeman Said!" :rlol

Wow, check that out! Better that it's based on one of his books, than someone ripping off his ideas and using them in their own screen play.