Am I the only one who finds Van Basten II's use of danasoft.com/

medjuck

What's wrong with the postings of Van Basten? I've never seen anything annoying in/under/above his postings. Is it my browser (Safari) which kills this things automatically?

The offending item that was threatening our society was removed.

cool nessa can find something else to get his panties bunched up about

:tup

Unless he's secretly gone Giambi on us!! :ph34r:

Giambi, other Yanks use thong as slump antidote

Updated: May 17, 2008

NEW YORK (AP) - These are trying times for Jason Giambi — apparently not even lucky underwear can help his undersized batting average.

The New York Yankees' first baseman caused a bit of a stir Saturday when the Daily News reported —on the front page, no less — that he often wears a gold thong under his uniform pants when trying to snap out of a slump.

192.168.1.9 is the IP address of your PC on your own network; the one displayed by the danasoft thing is the "public" IP address (of your cable or DSL modem, or however you connect to the internet), and is most likely correct.

The newest one I've seen actually displays your "location" (city/state), and in my case, was also correct. This is possible because of the way big internet providers (comcast, verizon, charter, etc) assign their IP addresses based on geographic location.

These danasoft things are annoying, but ALL of the information they display (browser, IP address, operating system, location, etc) is available to ALL websites that are browsed to -- not just danasoft.

Edited by Uncle Skid

There's some little software you can install to prevent this kind of thing.... but you'll need a different browser and it will slow down speed considerably...

For me, the imgs from bluerein look quite accurate, but the ones I get with the other browser is quite hilarious:

post-174-1211308519.jpg

(sorry can't put up a larger img that's under 100 MB)

and if I hit "get a new identity", here's what came up next:

post-174-1211308702.jpg

the browser and windows version remains correct, btw. (I let it run though "Opera @ USB" if I want to surf disguised... not using that for the purpose of browsing Org, of course... also it's not good for downloading, as it brings speed down to a third or even a fourth - that's the prize you have to pay for this I assume relative at best, anonymity...)