DAMN YOU OVERSTOCK.COM

jazzkrow

HERE IS MY "PASSING SHIPS" SOB STORY....

I saw "Passing Ships" listed on Overstock.com website last month-and since I had a $5.00 coupon from them due to my last screwed up order with them (yea, I should have known) I placed the order in advance for the new Hill (thinking that I got a bargain at $10.79). They even charge your Visa in ADVANCE since they are giving you "such a good price."

Well, yesterday I call to see if they are shipping the cd and am told that it should be shipped today. And of course when I call today-get this- they tell me that they did not get enough to cover my advance order-AND they will be getting no more!!

They will be kind enough to credit my account and give me another of their great $5 coupons.( Like I will be doing business with them again...)

I asked what would have happened if I had NOT called them-and was told that they would have sent me a letter. Yea, right!

Now I have to wait for my Visa to be credited-and look for the Hill elsewhere!!

AVOID OVERSTOCK.COM LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!..... :angry:

Wow, that's a drag. I've ordered probably a dozen times from them and have never had any problem. Of course, I've never PREordered anything from them, so maybe I was lucky. I just bought a 920 CD holder from their furniture section that came through OK and looks nice. Go figure. Sometimes they're cheaper than CDUniverse, sometimes not.

Same thing happened to me. I ordered Traditionalism Revisited also, even made use of the free July shipping that someone on this board alerted me to. Well needless to say I did not get it. I emailed them and have correspondence going back and forth. Telephoned and spoke to the President. I didn't even get the $5 credit. Wouldn't have mattered. Won''t order from there again anyway.

This is very interesting that this many people have experienced this type of service!!!