Opus to return!!!!!!!!!!!&

After 10 years, he is going to return to the Sunday comics!!!!! B) :g:excited::party: Just read that at the official Berkley Breathed site, that starting Nov. 23rd, he will be back! I just had dug up an old book a few weeks ago, and after finishing it, was wishing old Berke had done something in the last decade besides counting his money.....must be less to count...you don't even see the old books in the bargain bins anymore! I had about a million Bloom County t-shirts in the 80's...they all still fit, yep...still fit, thats no fib.... :w

So contact your local paper! Hound them!!!!!!

http://www.berkeleybreathed.com/opus_returns.html

Edited by BERIGAN

I still have all the books, though I haven't picked them up in years. To be honest, I'd rather see my favorite boy and his tiger return, but this is cool too.

I realize that this strip doesn't have the popularity or "male appeal" of Outland or Calvin & Hobbes, but I am really going to miss For Better or Worse when it stops... :(

I realize that this strip doesn't have the popularity or "male appeal" of Outland or Calvin & Hobbes, but I am really going to miss For Better or Worse when it stops... :(

That's my favorte comic! I've come to really enjoy the adventures of the whole strip and watching everone grow up. To bad I never had a sister to call "Lizard breath!". For Better or Worse Rules!!

But, I'm also very excited about "Outland" coming back. That was always a must read, and I was very disappointed when Breathed stopped the comic. Well, he has a wealth material to handle this time around.

Edited by Matthew

I can't remember the details or even when, but I remember Johnston announcing that she was going to end the strip. I've tried to find something about it, but there's nothing on the For Better or Worse website, and I can't find anything anywhere else. Here's hoping it was just a bad dream!

I can't remember the details or even when, but I remember Johnston announcing that she was going to end the strip. I've tried to find something about it, but there's nothing on the For Better or Worse website, and I can't find anything anywhere else. Here's hoping it was just a bad dream!

Oh man, that is a drag. It's another strip that my wonderful :rolleyes: regional paper the Indpls. Star has occasionally banned (remember when Michael's gay friend took his lover to the prom?). It's been a warm, witty, and pretty true-to-life strip--I'll miss it like hell when it's gone.

Doonesbury, of which I'm a lifelong fan (started reading it when I was 10) thankfully seems to be set to roll along for a good long while... Not as good as it used to be, but I've grown so attached to the characters that it doesn't matter as much to me. (I'm enjoying the recent narrative, resumed--at last!--in the past week, with B.D. and crew mounting a sort of Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now journey up the Euphrates River to take out Uncle Duke, who has commandeered an Iraqi town called Al Amok.)

Guarded optimism at best. I hated Outland. So if it's anything like that, then big shmeal. Hopefully, it'll be more of the careless abandon of the early days than the Doonesbury-wannabe that BC became in the later days. Just my opinion, tho.

Hated Outland??? :o

I saw some similarities between Doonesbury, and Bloom County, but I thought there was a subtle but real difference. Bloom County was actually funny! :rhappy:

Someone else who is glad to see Opus return...http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/balko200309250810.asp

Edited by BERIGAN

• 2 months later...
  • 11 years later...

So I guess this belongs here, and not its own topic, but Bloom County is coming back.  It looks like it will be in the daily format, which may work better than the Sunday-only format of Outland or Opus (I did think Opus got better towards the end).  Unfortunately, it seems you need to read them on Facebook, so I may have to hijack my wife's account, since I am not about to sign up...

Anyway, some details here: http://www.wired.com/2015/07/bloom-county-is-back/

Let's hope that 3rd time around is the charm and that he remembers what made the original strip so great. 

• 1 month later...