Mosaic Free Shipping

Thanks for the heads up. Now's the time for me to get the Jazz Crusaders set. Didn't like having to pay the over $100 shipping for a $102 dollar set.

John - this one is great. I think you will like it !

Hmmmm.....I don't find the sound clips too compelling, are they representative ?

I've always enjoyed the Jazz Crusaders and have the live cds and a couple of their studio cds (Uh Huh and Freedom Sound) so I decided to invest in the Mosaic set. They have some great tunes with lots of variety and good solos all round. Although I doubt you'd want to play the six cds right off - they do have a signature sound.

I have many of them. I don't really want to have the complete collection. I have the following in NON Mosaic form and don't intend to spend ultra dollars on the Mosaic version.

#101 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Thelonious Monk (4 LPs)

#102 The Complete Pacific Jazz and Capitol Recordings of the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette with Chet Baker (3 CDs or 5 LPs)

#103 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Albert Ammons and Meade Lux Lewis (2 CDs or 3 LPs)

#104 The Complete Blue Note and Pacific Jazz Recordings of Clifford Brown (5 LPs)

#105 The Complete Pacific Jazz Small Group Recordings of Art Pepper (3 LPs)

#107 The Complete Blue Note Forties Recordings of Ike Quebec and John Hardee (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#108 The Complete Recordings of The Port of Harlem Jazzmen (1 LP)

#109 The Complete Edmond Hall/James P. Johnson/Sidney De Paris/Vic Dickenson Blue Note Sessions (4 CDs or 6 LPs)

#110 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Sidney Bechet (4 CDs or 6 LPs)

#111 The Complete Candid Recordings of Charles Mingus (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#112 The Complete Black Lion Vogue Recordings of Thelonious Monk (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#113 The Complete Pacific Jazz Live Recordings of the Chet Baker Quartet with Russ Freeman (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#115 The Benny Morton/Jimmy Hamilton Blue Note Swingtets (1 LP)

#116 The Complete Bud Powell Blue Note Recordings (1949-1958) (5 LPs)

#119 The Pete Johnson/Earl Hines/Teddy Bunn Blue Note Sessions (1 LP)

#121 The Complete Blue Note 45 Sessions of Ike Quebec (2 CDs or 3 LPs)

#122 The Complete Pacific Jazz Studio Recordings of the Chet Baker Quartet with Russ Freeman (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#124 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Freddie Redd (2 CDs or 3 LPs)

#125 The Complete Atlantic and EMI Jazz Recordings of Shorty Rogers (4 CDs or 6 LPs)

#126 The Complete Johnny Hodges Recordings 1951-1955 (6 LPs)

#127 The Complete Candid Recordings of Cecil Taylor and Buell Neidlinger (4 CDs or 6 LPs)

#130 The Complete Recordings of T-Bone Walker 1940-1954 (6 CDs or 9 LPs)

I have all the others.

I have many of them. I don't really want to have the complete collection. I have the following in NON Mosaic form and don't intend to spend ultra dollars on the Mosaic version.

#101 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Thelonious Monk (4 LPs)

#102 The Complete Pacific Jazz and Capitol Recordings of the Original Gerry Mulligan Quartet and Tentette with Chet Baker (3 CDs or 5 LPs)

#103 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Albert Ammons and Meade Lux Lewis (2 CDs or 3 LPs)

#104 The Complete Blue Note and Pacific Jazz Recordings of Clifford Brown (5 LPs)

#105 The Complete Pacific Jazz Small Group Recordings of Art Pepper (3 LPs)

#107 The Complete Blue Note Forties Recordings of Ike Quebec and John Hardee (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#108 The Complete Recordings of The Port of Harlem Jazzmen (1 LP)

#109 The Complete Edmond Hall/James P. Johnson/Sidney De Paris/Vic Dickenson Blue Note Sessions (4 CDs or 6 LPs)

#110 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Sidney Bechet (4 CDs or 6 LPs)

#111 The Complete Candid Recordings of Charles Mingus (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#112 The Complete Black Lion Vogue Recordings of Thelonious Monk (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#113 The Complete Pacific Jazz Live Recordings of the Chet Baker Quartet with Russ Freeman (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#115 The Benny Morton/Jimmy Hamilton Blue Note Swingtets (1 LP)

#116 The Complete Bud Powell Blue Note Recordings (1949-1958) (5 LPs)

#119 The Pete Johnson/Earl Hines/Teddy Bunn Blue Note Sessions (1 LP)

#121 The Complete Blue Note 45 Sessions of Ike Quebec (2 CDs or 3 LPs)

#122 The Complete Pacific Jazz Studio Recordings of the Chet Baker Quartet with Russ Freeman (3 CDs or 4 LPs)

#124 The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Freddie Redd (2 CDs or 3 LPs)

#125 The Complete Atlantic and EMI Jazz Recordings of Shorty Rogers (4 CDs or 6 LPs)

#126 The Complete Johnny Hodges Recordings 1951-1955 (6 LPs)

#127 The Complete Candid Recordings of Cecil Taylor and Buell Neidlinger (4 CDs or 6 LPs)

#130 The Complete Recordings of T-Bone Walker 1940-1954 (6 CDs or 9 LPs)

I have all the others.

Yeah, I have some holes in the early stuff too, but not because I necessarily had them somewhere else. I was just poorer then than I am now! I don't have 103, 107, 115, 121, 124, 126, 127, or 130. I also don't have the Don Cherry, Grant Green, or Art Hodes sets--wish I did! I think I have all the others. I have a lot of 'em!

And odd as it may seem, I think I like that little Woody Herman Philips Select the best of all. It's the one that most often gets me out of my chair and dancing like a lunatic around the room!

Greg Mo