How come the $@*&@@! Add Reply....

Soul Stream

I've had a LOT of problems posting replies the last week or so. Many times I'll have to resend it 3 times or more for it to finally work (if it does at all).

Anybody else having this annoying problem. :angry:

Is there more traffic than ever that's slowing this place down?

Edited by Soul Stream

I've also (often) had a ton of trouble posting to this board over the last week or so. Frequently even just opening a thread will time-out, as will other attempts to access the board. I've had several double posts, and a couple triple posts too.

Sooooooooo, very, slowwwwwwwwwwwwww..................................... :(

Yeah, this is getting annoying. I'll try to track down the problem. As I said in another thread, the site recently got moved over onto another server. Obviously something is wacky... the board really isn't responding well at all. The rest of the Organissimo website works great.

I'll get to the bottom of it...

Don't know if this helps but I'm getting this a lot of the times....

Warning: Too many connections in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 65

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 65

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 68

ERROR: Cannot find database organforum

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 101

There appears to be an error with the Organissimo Forums - The place to discuss the band, jazz, music, and more! database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM forumsessions WHERE id='072747afb4437e236d644bdfa411d833' and ip_address='64.166.206.250'

mySQL error: Too many connections

mySQL error code:

Date: Monday 13th of October 2003 07:04:29 PM

It's been seeming like when I first get on that everything moves fast, but after the first 5-10 clicks, it starts going slower and finally comes to a halt. If I exit the site, it might take a few times to get back on, but when I do, the pattern more often than not repeats itself. So I'm wondering if somwhere in the chain there isn't a "traffic controller" of some sort that's inadvertantly been set to discourage people from just staying on all day and taking up whatever it is that viewers take up- bandwidth, server connections, or what not. Wish I knew enough to make a more educated guess.

There is obviously a problem with multiple people accessing the site at the same time.  It's a MySql problem and Ken is looking into it (the guy who hosts my site).  I forwarded the error message to him, so that should help.

Yeah, but why was it out this for us in the UK in the morning? You don't really get more than 10 people accessing the site then?

Don't make sense.

Simon Weil

Edited by Simon Weil

FYI, just got another one of these...

Warning: Too many connections in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 65

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 65

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 68

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/organ/public_html/organissimo.org/forum/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 101

There appears to be an error with the Organissimo Forums - The place to discuss the band, jazz, music, and more! database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM forumsessions WHERE id='3332669c367fc68f2e45131952b0c02b' and ip_address='65.28.33.106'

mySQL error code:

Date: Thursday 16th of October 2003 03:06:05 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience

Again, same error...

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM forumsessions WHERE id='38c7551134c661f0614e4e2d443f51da' and ip_address='65.28.33.106'

mySQL error code:

Date: Thursday 16th of October 2003 04:44:40 PM

We apologise for any inconvenience